Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

HELP... question on UCSD secondary

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by lll505, Oct 31, 2002.

1. lll505

lll505 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

"Please give the following information on activities engaged in while an undergraduate student. If it has been over 2 years since you received your bachelors? degree you can provide data for the three years you consider to be most meaningful with respect to your application."

I have been out of school 6 years and if I only include the past 3 years, I will have included all my med volunteer stuff but none of my other significant community service/leadership stuff from undergrad. Can I just extend the 3 years to 10, otherwise I don't have much to put down.

Thanks for your help

2. tBw

tBw totally deluded
    7+ Year Member

no. unless you want to completely disregard the instructions...in which case go ahead, I guess.... :confused:

3. I would. As long as they know that you are Non-traditional, I don't think they will care, just be sure to explain yourself in the application.

4. tBw

tBw totally deluded
    7+ Year Member

if they hadn't given specific instructions on what to do if you are non-trad then I would say go ahead. But they did, so I don't think it makes sense to ignore it. but thats just my opinion...

5. UCLAMAN

UCLAMAN Air Jordan Collector
    7+ Year Member

Perhaps you can address those experiences from undergrad in your autobiography?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. OP
    OP
    lll505

lll505 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Thanks for your responses :)

I think I am going to do what UCLA man suggested and follow directions then address it in essay (which I have no urge to write btw...)

7. Diogenes

Diogenes Succat
    7+ Year Member

I don't see any ambiguity here. You can follow the instructions and limit yourself to whatever 3 years you find most important, or you can ignore the instructions. Your choice, either way.