1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

HELP... question on UCSD secondary

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by lll505, Oct 31, 2002.

1. lll505

lll505 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

"Please give the following information on activities engaged in while an undergraduate student. If it has been over 2 years since you received your bachelors? degree you can provide data for the three years you consider to be most meaningful with respect to your application."

I have been out of school 6 years and if I only include the past 3 years, I will have included all my med volunteer stuff but none of my other significant community service/leadership stuff from undergrad. Can I just extend the 3 years to 10, otherwise I don't have much to put down.

Thanks for your help

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. tBw

tBw totally deluded
    7+ Year Member

no. unless you want to completely disregard the instructions...in which case go ahead, I guess.... :confused:

4. I would. As long as they know that you are Non-traditional, I don't think they will care, just be sure to explain yourself in the application.

5. tBw

tBw totally deluded
    7+ Year Member

if they hadn't given specific instructions on what to do if you are non-trad then I would say go ahead. But they did, so I don't think it makes sense to ignore it. but thats just my opinion...

6. UCLAMAN

UCLAMAN Air Jordan Collector
    7+ Year Member

Perhaps you can address those experiences from undergrad in your autobiography?

7. lll505

lll505 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Thanks for your responses :)

I think I am going to do what UCLA man suggested and follow directions then address it in essay (which I have no urge to write btw...)

8. Diogenes

Diogenes Succat
    7+ Year Member

I don't see any ambiguity here. You can follow the instructions and limit yourself to whatever 3 years you find most important, or you can ignore the instructions. Your choice, either way.