HELP... reasurance (or reality check) needed!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

newfocus

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone

First off i want to say that this site really rocks! Im so glad that there are sites like this for students to go to. My situation is this: I am a 22 year old sophmore Premed who is just finaly getting into the swing of things. before this previous year school was not a major priority of mine. something that I have truely came to regret. last year I transfered to a new school and acquired a new attitude. since then things have changed drastically (I have recieved only one B+ at my new university) my current stats are as follows:

CHEM I - B+(w/ honors) 1st Chem class ever
CHEM II - taking currently

BIO I - A (wiht honors)
BIO II - taking currently

ORGO I & II -will be taking in the summer.
3 hours of ORGO M-F for 10
weeks!! the first 5 weeks
ORGO I and the second 5
ORGO II. is that a big
mistake??

and a lot of gen ed coursses

I honestly feel that I can get A's with maybe a few B's in my remaining classes, but my problem is I brought over a 2.8 GPA from my old school. I currently have a GPA of 3.3 and I hope to raise it to a 3.5 by graduation. I work as an ER tech @ Children's Mercy Hospital (which their ER techs have a 100% acceptance rate into med school so far. I am a member of the pre-medical society at my school and I am just getting ready to start some public health research. So what do you guys think?? Do I have a chance of fulfilling my dream? Any comments or hints would be greatly appreciated. And I look forward to many more discussions at SDN.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I took Organic Chemistry I and II over ten weeks in the summer and it was great. It's intense and there's no room for slacking off though. I've seen a post now and again that say summer courses are looked down upon by admissions committees but I have yet to see anyone give a good reason why. It seems that as long as you're covering the material, who cares when you take it.

And don't forget that when you're applying, choose a wide range of schools. Don't make a mistake of applying to only one or two schools. It may cost a bit to apply to 12 schools but this way your dreams aren't crushed because your state school doesn't have room for you.

Have fun and good luck!

Dude you can do anything that you want....you just got to want it bad enough.

I just want to say thank you to dfleis for the vote of confidence, and all the other replies.
cool.gif
Im still early on in the process so any info from the experienced members would be appreciated.