Help! Received excess credits...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jackandjill

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was studying abroad and received an extra 2 semesters of credits from them even though I wasnt there and i was enrolled in college here in the US. Will it look bad if i send these transcripts to amcas ?

Members don't see this ad.

I would contact the study abroad program immediately as those are credits you didn't earn.

I was studying abroad and received an extra 2 semesters of credits from them even though I wasnt there and i was enrolled in college here in the US. Will it look bad if i send these transcripts to amcas ?

common sense, free credits. I'd keep them. But if their hurting your GPA then contact them. But they are doing no harm, keep them.

Members don't see this ad :)
Try to correct the error.

All you need is someone asking you how you earned those credits abroad while being in the US for your chances to die.

(it would appear like you were trying to fake credits, even if it wasn't through you action that the fake credits were issued.)

The way it seems to me, you'll have two different transcripts from two different countries claiming that you were taking courses there for a year at the same time. That's sketch. And will be noticed. Get it fixed.