Help regarding overseas summer work/research

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BONDFAN

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious as to whether anyone out there has any advice, links, contacts, etc. for possible work or research opportunities overseas (possibly India) that I could possibly obtain as I will be finishing my first year of medical school and would like to be overseas for the summer and also gain some clinical or research experience in the process.

Members don't see this ad.

BONDFAN said:
Just curious as to whether anyone out there has any advice, links, contacts, etc. for possible work or research opportunities overseas (possibly India) that I could possibly obtain as I will be finishing my first year of medical school and would like to be overseas for the summer and also gain some clinical or research experience in the process.

You have a couple of options. Contact your school's international study office ( if you have one) to see if students from previous years have done any research / clinical work abroad. If this is not an option then narrow down cities you would like to work in and find out the local hospitals or universities in the area and contact them to see whether you can work there. This might be easy if you want to go to big cities like Delhi or Bombay, since most of the big universities and hospitals have websites with contact info for doctors etc. but I am not sure about small towns. Good Luck! :)