Jul 27, 2009
Status
Hi All,

I just finished my BDS program in India, I just want to know what are all the exams i need to give take for attending DDS program in US universities. Please let me know exams and also the new rules that came up for 2010. I heard that from 2010 we can only attend the exam only once, is it true. if so can i take the exam once in 2009 and take one more time in 2010. Please help me out.

Thanks

Last edited:

sis

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 6, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
Please provide Info.
hi
you must go to every university website to find the correct info
yes you need to pass NBDE part 1 as a starter and then toefl and other requirements according to every university you are going to apply

Jul 31, 2009
San Francisco / Navi Mumbai
Status
Dental Student
Please provide Info.
Its a long journey, dont get restless..

start with getting ur indian scores evaluated by ECE inc.. go for the course-by-course evaluation.

once that is sent to ADA, they'll give you an eligibility letter to appear for NBDE 1.

give TOEFL.
give NBDE1

get great scores.

If you dont have a VISA yet, you should start with that since the NBDE can be given only in the US or US administered territories.

You'll need letters of recon from ur dean, HODs and any other dentist who knows you well, preferrably someone you have worked with.

giving the NBDE 2 after 1 helps in ur application and opens up a couple of more universities.

Good luck!

OP
U
Jul 27, 2009
Status
HI Bombay BDS,

Thanks for all your help, thanks for letting me know the steps to be taken. Can you please let me know what should be sent to get my BDS marks validated. Does my mark sheets should be attested is so with whoom they should be done can you please give me some input on this. Thanks for all the help man.

Thanks
Raj

rajvanhar

10+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2008
Status
Medical Student
HI Bombay BDS,

Thanks for all your help, thanks for letting me know the steps to be taken. Can you please let me know what should be sent to get my BDS marks validated. Does my mark sheets should be attested is so with whoom they should be done can you please give me some input on this. Thanks for all the help man.

Thanks
Raj

http://www.ece.org/main/popup=India&Mode=Country
go on to this site u ll find all info about required documentation to ece.

Jul 31, 2009
San Francisco / Navi Mumbai
Status
Dental Student
http://www.ece.org/main/popup=India&Mode=Country
go on to this site u ll find all info about required documentation to ece.

the above has answered ur query.

make sure u send all ur marksheet copies, Internship completion certificate (university granted), passing certificate (again, university granted).
these copies can be attested by anyone from ur dean/HODs.

If u dont have University ICC and Passing certificate yet then send whatever u have ( college given certificate)..

Also send ur 12th marksheet and cert. copies.

Its a PO Box address, I think, so u'll have to send it via speed post. there may be a courier address, ask ECE.

their e-mail [email protected] is a great way to get info.
All the best!