HELP! rescind offer because no 2nd deposit

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

liw002

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
TouroNY took away my seat because they didn't receive my 2nd deposit. I offered to pay everything right away but they couldn't do anything. Does anyone have similar experience? it's like the end of world for me now. What should I do? HELP!

Members don't see this ad.

when was the deadline? If it was yesterday, that is pretty crappy. If it was May 15th like mine was, and if you received e-mails all the time reminding me like I did, you are probably SOL. Did you just give them a quick call or are you working with them to work it out. many people decline acceptances by not paying the deposit.

so when was the deadline?

deadline is May 15th, I didn't contact them until today since i just got back to states from oversea.

Members don't see this ad :)
That sucks bad. Should have paid before you left, but you already know that. Really, all you can do at this point is beg like it is going out of style. Otherwise.....maybe start this years app. I don't know. Good luck.

Suck it up and grovel. Seriously. Not much else to do, you're a grown-up and they expect you to have some sort of calendar.

Beg. Explain extenuating circumstances that explains why you were unable to pay in a timely manner

Agreed. Beg. Explain - were you in a super remote area with no internet/phone service or some kind of extenuating circumstance more specific than "out of the country"? (Explain to the school, not me. And explain really well). May 15 was almost a month ago and they probably expect you would have had some sort of ability to communicate with them at least once in that time.

So sorry to hear this happened to you. If they can't give you back a seat now, I would at least ask if they will give you consideration for any seat that ends up opening up between now and orientation.

If it doesn't work out, then at least try to look at it like this: if you were able to get accepted this year, hopefully that means you can get accepted next year too. I know that's not ideal, but try not to think of this as the end of the world. It definitely would be a setback, but you can recover from this.

So sorry to hear this happened to you. If they can't give you back a seat now, I would at least ask if they will give you consideration for any seat that ends up opening up between now and orientation.

This.

Admit that you royally screwed up by missing the deadline. Then beg to be put on the top of the waitlist.

Best of luck... That really sucks... I agree with everyone, BEG BEG BEG

deadline is May 15th, I didn't contact them until today since i just got back to states from oversea.
First, wow that sucks, I can only imagine... But since it was nearly a month after the deposit was due, like others said, they most likely gave up your seat to someone on the waitlist by now. Call and beg, then continue to beg, then beg some more.

maybe you should ask for a meeting with the dean. chances are they'll let you plead your case in person.