HELP: Retook MCAT and scored 3 on BS!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whip

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I scored a 22 on my first attempt 7PS 7VR 8BS.

On jan 23, 2014 I scored a 19-- 8PS 8VR 3BS!:confused:

I have never scored below a 6 on BS and i'm always averaging 9-10 on BS. I am sure that this must be a mistake. I have no idea what to do now.

Please help.

Members don't see this ad.

I scored a 22 on my first attempt 7PS 7VR 8BS.

On jan 23, 2014 I scored a 19-- 8PS 8VR 3BS!:confused:

I have never scored below a 6 on BS and i'm always averaging 9-10 on BS. I am sure that this must be a mistake. I have no idea what to do now.

Please help.
Didn't you get into a DO school already with your 22? Ask for a rescore. If is it not a mistake, you just have to retake again... I don't think any US school will take you with a 3 in BS.

OP you got into DO school with a 22?
no I did not, and I certainly would not retake the MCAT if I had already been accepted to a school. I will most likely study again for a third time and retake the MCAT in July. I still cannot believe a 3 on BS. My lowest score on all the AAMC and TPR tests was a 6 on the BS section.

Members don't see this ad :)
You should really look into changing your study habits if you scored that low. Something is definitely going wrong.

You should really look into changing your study habits if you scored that low. Something is definitely going wrong.
Thanks, it wasn't so blatantly obvious with a score of 19. I don't mean to be a jerk, but really--- that was unhelpful for anyone

Reactions: 1 user
I don't think he was trying to be unhelpful or a jerk. You need to take some time to really evaluate why you are scoring low--you should not be sitting for the actual mcat if you aren't averaging 24+ for DO and 30+ for MD

I don't think he was trying to be unhelpful or a jerk. You need to take some time to really evaluate why you are scoring low--you should not be sitting for the actual mcat if you aren't averaging 24+ for DO and 30+ for MD
Thanks. I know he wasn't trying to be unhelpful and I didn't want my response to sound so harsh. I do need to change my approach to the test.

I also agree with your advice. I have taken all the aamc practice tests and I had been averaging 27 before I took the exam. My bio score was usually a 9-10.

Thanks for the advice.

In my opinion, this doesn't sound like a studying issue. It sounds more like an anxiety issue on test day. Certainly most people will score around their AAMC averages, but it usually will be a bit lower, not higher. I would argue that you should be getting 32+ in a relaxed (but timed) environment like your house where the stakes are low, so that you have a better chance of scoring 30 in a more stressful environment on test day.