Help! review books...which is best???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

choisimd

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm starting med school in the fall, and I've never had any previous exposure to Biochem....so can anyone offer me advice on which review book can break down the basics for me before I start school..... :D

Members don't see this ad.

I doubt that you've had "no exposure" to biochem if you got a good enough score on the MCAT to get into med school. I would review your undergrad notes for biochem (from your pre-med intro bio course or from an MCAT review book), med school biochem really does just pick up from there. If you really do feel need the need to purchase a new med school book for biochem, Lipincott is good but might be a difficult to read if you are very rusty with biochem. I've heard mixed reviews about BRS and high yield biochem, but BRS Biochem might be a good review for you if you can't find your undergrad notes.

no,no,no... do not study before you start medical school. sit in the sun, travel, read fiction, watch movies, etc.

then, next year, buy lippincott biochem.

Members don't see this ad :)
•••quote:•••Originally posted by dingiswayo:
•no,no,no... do not study before you start medical school. sit in the sun, travel, read fiction, watch movies, etc.

then, next year, buy lippincott biochem.•••••Ditto dingiswayo. But, no matter what book you're required to get for the course, buy Lippincott too. It rocks.

Thanks everyone for the advice...I will definitely do a little of both before school starts!

Lippincott really rocks, no doubt about that...

I remember buying Lippinocott the day before my biochem first mid-semester exam, read it for a day, and got decent marks too.