HELP! Should I just give myself one shot?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

connie95

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm currently scheduled for the Nov. 7th MCAT and I don't feel at all ready…my practice exam scores are ~20 and a big reason for that is because I am not yet done with content review (still have almost all of physics and organic). I also have hardly done practice passages (none in physics and organic).

I feel like it would take me until the end of October to finish content review without which I can't even begin to analyze my practice test scores in a confident manner…I mean I know content review is not incredibly important for the MCAT when compared to practice, but it's still important right?

I'm thinking I should just postpone to Jan. even though it only gives me one shot at the MCAT….I mean, I am almost 90% sure that I will go into the Nov. MCAT expecting to retake or void, so is there any point?

So, should I:

1. Postpone to January- this gives me more time to get ready….with this plan, I will finish content review by Nov 1st and work on practice the next two months before Jan.

2. Keep the Nov test date, take the test and void - this may give me an idea of the "MCAT experience" but then again, I lose lots of money…

3. Decide whether to postpone closer to my test date - I could always keep studying and decide closer to Nov 7th based on my practice test scores then, but I highly doubt there will be seats for my desired test date

What do you think I should do???

Members don't see this ad.

Take and then immediately reschedule a retake. If you do well, get your refund. If you don't do well, keep the seat and keep studying.