HELP!!! Should I just wait till next cycle to apply?( Attached Transcripts !!!)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nicoley90

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am an non-trad student, hoping to apply for admission into 2016. I graduated in May 2013 with my bachelors, with roughly a 3.1 gpa. Before that I attended a community college and graduated, with about a 2.3 gpa. Despite the fact that I was going through so serious family issues. I still tired to continue on to finish my pre-reqs. To make a long story short, I did terrible and ended up getting academically dismissed from the school. I then transferred to another school and still didn't do the best. But, I am now over with the situation, so I will be able to give school all my focus. I plan to take the mcats in April 2015. Despite my grades, I do have a lot of extracurricular activities. The only problem is that, I had failed a class and now when I registered for this semester, I will not be able to take it. Meaning that if I do apply this cycle, I would be submitting my application with an F. I do plan on completing the lab over the summer though. I really need help...if anyone would be willing to email me, so we can chat because I am sooo lost in the process and I really don know what I should do. To get a idea of my gpa and activities, I have attached all my transcripts and resume. If any one would be sooo kind to help or give me ideas.I would greatly appreciate it. I could not upload the rest of the files, but will do so in a reply. I really need help my gpa...is horrible and i really don't know what to do. :shrug: REST OF TRANSCRIPTS AND RESUME ARE ATTACHED AS A REPLY BELOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• pexels-ogo-3597931.jpg
    pexels-ogo-3597931.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I would probably wait in your position and retake the class later on. MD will be very difficult to get into, DO, with grade replacement, more possible. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I would probably wait in your position and retake the class later on. MD will be very difficult to get into, DO, with grade replacement, more possible. Good luck!
So you suggest I apply only to DO schools? I was planning to maybe like 3 medical schools as well.

So you suggest I apply only to DO schools? I was planning to maybe like 3 medical schools as well.
DO school IS medical school, too. You need to do some serious GPA repair. Do a one year DIY post-bacc, retake all your science that is below a C. You have to prove you can handle the work load as med school starts at 35 credits/semester. Your desperation shines through which will only set you up for failure.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
1000% agree with these very wise words. Prove to us that you can handle medical school.
DO school IS medical school, too. You need to do some serious GPA repair. Do a one year DIY post-bacc, retakes all your science that is below a C. You have to prove you can handle the work load as med school starts at 35 credits/semester. Your desperation shines through which will only set you up for failure.

DO school IS medical school, too. You need to do some serious GPA repair. Do a one year DIY post-bacc, retakes all your science that is below a C. You have to prove you can handle the work load as med school starts at 35 credits/semester. Your desperation shines through which will only set you up for failure.
Thanks for your response! Well I do not consider this as "desperation". Because if you can see from my transcript, I took 24 credits in one semester and pasted all of them. At the time, I was really dealing with some heavy family and medical issues over the past couple of years. So now since that is over, I was planing to take the final classes now and over the summer. I was also going to apply for the mcat in April. I was hoping if I did well enough on the mcat and with my extracurricular, I may have a chance? or is that completely out of the question?

1000% agree with these very wise words. Prove to us that you can handle medical school.
Thanks for your response! I understand, but I was just trying to be a little hopeful, that this could possibly work out despite my gpa is not the best, since I do have alot of extracurriculars.

Thanks for your response! I understand, but I was just trying to be a little hopeful, that this could possibly work out despite my gpa is not the best, since I do have alot of extracurriculars.
EC's do not make up for low GPA. We are not trying to discourage you, just understand that you need a strong GPA and it's not worth wasting your time and money applying until your overall "package" is up to par. You need to have your medical and family issues resolved before you start as everyone has "issues" in their lives, med school and residency do not stop to hold your hand.

Reactions: 1 user
You don't look like you have even passed any of the medical school pre-reqs, from Bio all the way up to physics and ochem. I just see straight Fs in all of those important courses, even on second attempts. Are you sure you can take the MCAT so soon?

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.