HELP! should I sit usmle step 2 tomorrow or not?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

arewethereyet...

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
**This is not a do I have to release my scores question.

DO student applying for general peds.
Didn't do great on COMLEX 1- 480s
Registered for, but did not take USMLE step 1 because did not think I was going to do well.

Considered doing peds neuro for a bit and was told that I should take USMLE step 2 if I was going to apply for that, so registered for it. Not doing peds neuro now, maybe will apply in future.

Got a 630 on COMSAE D a few weeks ago and have been doing well in uworld, so not too concerned about doing badly.

Is it true that if I take USMLE tomorrow and then have to release my transcript it will SHOW THAT I CANCELED USMLE STEP 1; IS THAT A RED FLAG????

Any insight would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

If you take it tomorrow, you can't void like the MCAT, so I don't understand the question.

You'll get charged a fee if you reschedule. I don't know if cancellations show up on your record or not, but even if that is a red flag, it's not as big of a red flag as failing would be.

Have you done any NBMEs?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Cancelling step will not show on transcript from what I know.

Thanks guys, my school eventually got back to me and also said no it wouldn't show up.