Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

HELP! Stanford Secondary!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by brandonite, Dec 13, 2001.

1. brandonite

Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Hi people!

I have a problem. I still have not heard anything from Stanford regarding my secondary application. My application has been VERIFIED since October. I've heard that there might be a problem with me being a Canadian. But, I've tried calling them many times, and haven't been able to talk to anybody there yet to confirm that (stupid voicemail...). So, I have a couple of questions for you:

1. Is there anybody else here waiting for a Stanford secondary? Or am I all alone?

2. I got an email from Stanford the other day that notified me of a deadline extension until a week today. The email said that the email was being sent to all people who got a secondary application. Does this mean I got a secondary?? Did anybody who got rejected also get this email?

Thanks! I'm getting worried...

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Trek

Trek Grand Uranium Member
    7+ Year Member

Perhaps try to login to the secondary with your info and see if you get in. You're right, they suck as far as communication goes. --Trek

4. brandonite

I've been trying almost daily for the past month. No go...

I really need to find out what's going on today. It's due a week today, now. I hate these schools that give you a week to get the secondary back to them. I mean, I need letters from profs. Right now it's in the middle of finals, so they're going to be pissed off that I've given them a week to do their letters, and I have to study, and... :mad: :mad: :mad:

5. moo

moo 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

I got rejected from Stanford a week ago, if that helps any...

6. brandonite

moo - did you get an email from Dr. Chevez yesterday about the deadline? I'm hoping that's a good sign...

7. sundevil1

sundevil1 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I got a secondary but did not receive that email. Try to call one of the admissions counselors directly rather than just calling the main office. You may have already tried this. I don't know what else to suggest. I wish I could offer more insight. I feel your frustration. I know that if you are not showing up in their database, they will blame acmas and say they have not yet received your app.

8. doppl

doppl Member
    7+ Year Member

Have you tried emailing Juhn Verano. He seems the person to go through though I don't think he checks his voice mail. good luck.

9. Coalboy

Coalboy Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    E-mail Mr. Chavez. I e-mailed him yesterday, expecting a response in maybe a couple of days or so; he got back to me in half an hour. Just be nice and deferential and whatnot, and he should be able to help you.

10. brandonite

I have both of their direct numbers on my speed dial... ;) Well, not quite, but I've called more than once...

I emailed Patricia Perez. I'll email Juhn now too. They have to have gotten something about my from AMCAS - they have my email address...

:mad: :mad: :mad:

But thank you all so very much!! It's nice to know that somebody listens... :D

11. brandonite

Yah! Patricia got back to me, and I did indeed get a secondary... I was going to the status check website to try and login, and the secondary is a different thing...

Anyway, thank you all for all your help!

:D :D :D :D

12. amonkeybutt

amonkeybutt Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Yip yip horray! :)