Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

HELP! Stanford Secondary!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by brandonite, Dec 13, 2001.

1. brandonite

Moderator Emeritus

Hi people!

I have a problem. I still have not heard anything from Stanford regarding my secondary application. My application has been VERIFIED since October. I've heard that there might be a problem with me being a Canadian. But, I've tried calling them many times, and haven't been able to talk to anybody there yet to confirm that (stupid voicemail...). So, I have a couple of questions for you:

1. Is there anybody else here waiting for a Stanford secondary? Or am I all alone?

2. I got an email from Stanford the other day that notified me of a deadline extension until a week today. The email said that the email was being sent to all people who got a secondary application. Does this mean I got a secondary?? Did anybody who got rejected also get this email?

Thanks! I'm getting worried...

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Trek

Trek Grand Uranium Member

Perhaps try to login to the secondary with your info and see if you get in. You're right, they suck as far as communication goes. --Trek

4. brandonite

Moderator Emeritus

I've been trying almost daily for the past month. No go...

I really need to find out what's going on today. It's due a week today, now. I hate these schools that give you a week to get the secondary back to them. I mean, I need letters from profs. Right now it's in the middle of finals, so they're going to be pissed off that I've given them a week to do their letters, and I have to study, and... :mad: :mad: :mad:

5. moo

moo 1K Member

I got rejected from Stanford a week ago, if that helps any...

6. brandonite

Moderator Emeritus

moo - did you get an email from Dr. Chevez yesterday about the deadline? I'm hoping that's a good sign...

7. sundevil1

sundevil1 Senior Member

I got a secondary but did not receive that email. Try to call one of the admissions counselors directly rather than just calling the main office. You may have already tried this. I don't know what else to suggest. I wish I could offer more insight. I feel your frustration. I know that if you are not showing up in their database, they will blame acmas and say they have not yet received your app.

8. doppl

doppl Member

Have you tried emailing Juhn Verano. He seems the person to go through though I don't think he checks his voice mail. good luck.

9. Coalboy

Coalboy Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    E-mail Mr. Chavez. I e-mailed him yesterday, expecting a response in maybe a couple of days or so; he got back to me in half an hour. Just be nice and deferential and whatnot, and he should be able to help you.

10. brandonite

Moderator Emeritus

I have both of their direct numbers on my speed dial... ;) Well, not quite, but I've called more than once...

I emailed Patricia Perez. I'll email Juhn now too. They have to have gotten something about my from AMCAS - they have my email address...

:mad: :mad: :mad:

But thank you all so very much!! It's nice to know that somebody listens... :D

11. brandonite

Moderator Emeritus

Yah! Patricia got back to me, and I did indeed get a secondary... I was going to the status check website to try and login, and the secondary is a different thing...

Anyway, thank you all for all your help!

:D :D :D :D

12. amonkeybutt

amonkeybutt Senior Member

Yip yip horray! :)