1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

help! still confused over NY and BU!

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by sonigee, Mar 21, 2002.

1. sonigee

sonigee Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

any thoughts or suggestions b/n NY and BU? i've put deposits down for both schools..but keep going back and forth b/n the two...any info is greatly appreciated:)
    :confused:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. gradM.S.

gradM.S. Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I too was in your situation.
    I was accepted to both and decided to go to neither(and as of now they are the only schools that I was accepted to). Too expensive and I am not sure I would have been able to pass my cali boards on a timely fashion. If I were you though I would choose BU, just for the fact that I don't think you would have to struggle so much to stay in the program and Boston is a great city! Good luck to you1

4. gradM.S.

gradM.S. Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I too was in your situation.
    I was accepted to both and decided to go to neither(and as of now they are the only schools that I was accepted to). Too expensive and I am not sure I would have been able to pass my cali boards on a timely fashion. If I were you though I would choose BU, just for the fact that I don't think you would have to struggle so much to stay in the program and Boston is a great city! Good luck to you1

5. negar

negar Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Is BU easier than NYU???

6. SuperDuperSky

SuperDuperSky Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I think both schools are pretty good. You just have to decide which city you like more. It is a great thing that you have those dental school to choose from. My orthodontist graduated from NYU, and he liked it a lot. Everyone thinks differently about which dental school he or she likes. Good luck!

7. gradM.S.

gradM.S. Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Sonigee,
    I sent you a pm

8. shendo

10+ Year Member

Personally,
    I would definitely go to BU over NYU. When I was at BU for my interview, I felt so comfortable in that environment (small class size, faculty are really nice, new sim lab..) . One of the greatest reasons why I didn't like NYU is because of the large class size and the big number of people who drop out after their first year.