HELP! Stupid question about AMCAS!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Roket

aka Dr. Henry Killinger
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So trying to get my amcas completed, have a question about the course work section. If you withdraw from a class should you leave the credit hours as 0.00 or just plug in the value of credits you would have recieved had you finished the course?

I'm freaking out!

Members don't see this ad.

I know I'm not the only one who withdrew froma class in undergrad?

i can't remember, i think i put the amount of credit, 3.0 and then just selected withdrawn. it won't count towards the number of credits, I think, I think, I think

Members don't see this ad :)
I withdrew from a course and marked it accordingly. I also put down that it was worth 3 credits, AMCAS won't count it against you....Relax, don't freak out :)

Dr. Roket said:
So trying to get my amcas completed, have a question about the course work section. If you withdraw from a class should you leave the credit hours as 0.00 or just plug in the value of credits you would have recieved had you finished the course?

I'm freaking out!

Thanks guys! I was just planning on submitting on friday, but I think tomorrows gonna be the day. :cool:

I 'm not completely sure, but from what I remember, when you select 'Withdrawal' the option for credit hours disappears. Thus I assumed it didn't matter and entered nothing for that line. After submitting (still waiting for verification) I checked and it automatically shows credit hours as 0.00 for the courses I withdrew from.

Anyway glad to hear you're about to submit. Nice big burden off your shoulders. At least until those secondaries come rollin in....

Also, on page 84 of the AMCAS instruction manual for 2007 it says: "No credit hours or AMCAS grade will be assigned." I read that as meaning as long as you select withdrawal they will automatically disregard anything you list for grade or credit hours, whether you do or do not list something.

http://www.aamc.org/students/amcas/2007amcasinstrucfinal.pdf