HELP-they want me to come in for 3rd interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

opus

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just called a school to see if I got in and they said because I was interviewed by the same doctor last year they think it only fair that I get interviewed by another doctor. And I thought both interviews went well and I don't care if I had him last year. I was waitlisted there last year...so now I have to go back a second time to interview again! How bad is this?

Members don't see this ad.

Yo, that's really weird. However, consider that 1) you interviewed with that guy last year and didn't get in, and 2) they wouldn't ask you to come again if they were going to accept you, probably only if they were going to waitlist/reject you, and wanted to give you another chance.

WHat school does this, anyway? How far do you life from the school?

I live in the same state but another interview is added stress I was hoping to avoid. So they don't want me , I guess. Damn.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by opus
So they don't want me , I guess.

I dunno, man, I'm just speculating. The whole "come back again" thing seems kinda fishy to me. You figure, though, that if you actually DO go back a THIRD time, they'd have to be REALLY big @$$-0's to reject you!

Go to the third interview, by all means. Something about you might be rubbing the doc you interviewed with the wrong way, so the school is trying to be fair and give you another chance with someone else. Basically, the school wants a second opinion--about you! Too bad they didn't catch this earlier and have you interview with some one else right away, but oh well.

So IMO, if you decline to return for an additional interview, your chances of acceptance are very low--you're right on the edge right now! Go to the third interview and knock 'em off the fence into the green grass of acceptance--good luck!

Opus - What school was this that did this to you?

I think it is a good sign. At least the school is somewhat interested in you or they wouldn't ask you back. I just wonder if the school is trying to cover their tail by making sure that you are interviewed by someone who hasn't been "acquainted" with you in the past? They may have some sort of rule that forbids them from allowing a particular person to interview you twice. I would go if I were you. Good luck!

tryingagain...did you call Uky today

Opus - I have been thinking of your problem and I actually think its good. If nothing else they are very interested in you and having this happen will definitely make you stand out when you are discussed by the committee.

And to answer your question I did contact UK today, via email.

thanks..i hope so...and congrats getting in

I GOT IN two days after the second interview!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I'm going!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks to everyone who posted

what a perfect ending, opus! so happy for you :)

Originally posted by opus
I GOT IN two days after the second interview!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I'm going!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks to everyone who posted

Congrats!!! :) :) :)

:clap: :clap: :clap:
That's awesome!!!!

Looks like we could be classmates!!! Go cats!!! Talk to me..........................