help to work as dental assistant..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nelly

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi guys.. im migrating to US in the beginning of next year.. im going to be based in california.. i want to work as DA .. but ve absolutely no idea as how to go about it ?? as in how and where to apply?? being a FTD DO I NEED TO DO SOME COURSE OR CAN I STILL APPLY ?? plzz give me some info regarding that.. thanks a tonne guys...

Members don't see this ad.

hi guys.. im migrating to US in the beginning of next year.. im going to be based in california.. i want to work as DA .. but ve absolutely no idea as how to go about it ?? as in how and where to apply?? being a FTD DO I NEED TO DO SOME COURSE OR CAN I STILL APPLY ?? plzz give me some info regarding that.. thanks a tonne guys...
Hi
If u mean U want to work as a dental assistant (DA)as i know,if u are a dentist from other country u can send ur resume or fax and u can be hired but it is better u get ur RDA .it means REGISTER DENTAL ASSISTANT .then ur pay check will be higher.For that u can go to colleges or ROP classes (if u havr Social security no.)and apply for RDA and then taking the exam.u can find all information about colleges and ROP classes by searching in yahoo or google.
For job searsh u can go to any website for job and apply for Dental assistant,like www.dental job.net or go to craiglist and apply over there.
hope helping u.
:thumbup:

thnks a lot 4 d info taji..
i wud b cuming 2 US on a dependant visa,in that case would it be possible for me to work as a dental assistant..if not then on which visa is it possible..moreover how to get my social security no. in these circumstances..
i also wanted to know whether this job of DA would be under a private practitioner or under a professor or some staff in a university..

i am a novice in this field so please dont mind such quesn..
thnks again..

Members don't see this ad :)
thnks a lot 4 d info taji..
i wud b cuming 2 US on a dependant visa,in that case would it be possible for me to work as a dental assistant..if not then on which visa is it possible..moreover how to get my social security no. in these circumstances..
i also wanted to know whether this job of DA would be under a private practitioner or under a professor or some staff in a university..

i am a novice in this field so please dont mind such quesn..
thnks again..
nelly u can't work legally until u have a work permit and also as ur going to be on a dependent visa so u can't work. Even if u work for someone it would be a volunteer work and u won't be paid until and unless some one with whom ur working knows u. otherwise no chance of getting paid.

thaks a lot.. ! but can anyone plz tell me on what visa i can work and what are the prerequisites of that? ?

It's a good idea to ask the person on whom you will dependent. We have no idea abt his/her visa status. If he/she is on J1 visa, you can still get paid

thaks a lot.. ! but can anyone plz tell me on what visa i can work and what are the prerequisites of that? ?

what visa have you got to move states?

only work permit you can get is through H1 visa.. dental assistant jobs are never offered through H1 .

hope this helps

I am on L2. My lawyer saidi can get workpermit. will that be of anypreference to get DA?

I am on L2. My lawyer saidi can get workpermit. will that be of anypreference to get DA?

then you can comfortably work unless you get the EAD card (I-765) from USCIS, which may take a maximum of 12 weeks from the date your NOA is received.

Then depending on the state you are gonna move you have to get a license from the respective state board and can find a dental assistant job.

thanks a tonne guys for such a gr8 response.. il be dependent on someone on H1 .. in that case what would be the procedure??

thanks a tonne guys for such a gr8 response.. il be dependent on someone on H1 .. in that case what would be the procedure??
As a dependant of H1 you can not work and get paid legally. But you can volunteer. You can work if you can get H1 of your own( very unlikely for DA ) ur apply for GC( it takes a while).

How to start work as DA? Do i have call them or meet in person or just send my resume? I am also planning to write my Nbde by june. I havent even started my preparation. So, Is i better if i work 3 days a week ? Seniors please suggest! Also, what wud be the min wages for DA?