HELP UHS qualified list woes!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HoosierDO

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi guys kinda bummed out!!! Found out ive been pushed into the UHS qualified boat...anyone have any suggestions on how to improve my application? Anyone been in this boat and get out successfully? UHS is by far my first choice, and I am open to allllllll options!!! Thanks bunches:(

Members don't see this ad.

do they put you on the qualified list after you have your interview or is this something before they grant you an interview?

is the qualified list a waiting list? I I think I read on OPM about someone who wrote 2 lengthy letters to teh school expressing they're liking for the school, the reasons, etc. Might be worth a try.

(still waiting for my secondary).

Members don't see this ad :)
the qualified pool, is for those applicants who complete their file, and their file then goes up for interview review...if they like it they give ya an interview, if they dont, they put your app. back in a pool of qualified apps, and they review it at a later date!!! just more waiting i guess!!!

ahh, I got my UHS secondary today. I wasn't expecting so much.

When I interviewed at UHS, there was a girl in my group touring the school that said she didn't have an interview, but just wanted to tour and visit the school. The ambassadors at UHS lead the tour, and they are a great source of information. Maybe you can talk with them, and get more information. Maybe you can come and just tour.

Everyone I talked to at UHS was so friendly. Perhaps if you made the trip in person, and asked to speak with key people in the Admission's Office, it would help. Find out why your interview is on hold, or just make your strong interest known.

If you are in school this year, make sure you write letters updating your file with new information, updated transcripts, other activities you are doing. The transcripts update would be an espeically good idea if your g.p.a. is on the border.

It's still early. I'd bet you still have a good chance. I received a telephone call from one school to schedule an interview on July 30 when I was applying because so many admitted people decided to withdraw at the last minute. Good luck!

dagny...thanks so much for your reply...and some added hope. unfortunately i have already gone the personal visit route. I attended their open house last month, and was given a tour of the awesome facilities...guess that is why i was so disappointed....hard school to forget!!! Im working desperately on getting a job in a hospital, but not having any luck since im not a vocational school graduate...my four year degree is pretty much useful at this point!!! no one is willing to train!!! ahhhhhh frustrated...thanks again for your insight...definitely helpful!!!

My fiance is working as a phlebotomist unitll she starts at UHS next year. You have to take a two day class bascically just another way to grab money form you. Hope that helps.