HELP uni. of colorado and minnesota

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tamanna

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi
can any one shed some light on these 2 colleges please.
their web site says nothing about them.
no way of knowing the % they are looking for in nbde nor for gpa
how many no. of seats are there for international dental program
any one who has been admited in any one of the colleges
would appreciate if any one could help
thank you

Members don't see this ad.

tamanna said:
hi
thank you
Sorry if I sound harsh, but I do not intend on being so.
If you are really interested in either of those schools, you should take it upon yourself to research the topic first, before posting a whole new thread for them, specially that both schools you are asking about have very informative threads posted already about them here on SDN.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=247148

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=250676

A good doctor, is a both a good observer and a good researcher.

hello tamanna,
i guess u r new to the forum!welcome!if u do a little research...u will find very valuable informations regarding the 2 schools we r talking about!if u still need further assistance we will be glad to help!thanks to nile....as he has made it easy for you!thank u nile for the help!itz really appreciated! :thumbup:
tamanna said:
hi
thank you

Members don't see this ad :)
NileBDS said:
Sorry if I sound harsh, but I do not intend on being so.
If you are really interested in either of those schools, you should take it upon yourself to research the topic first, before posting a whole new thread for them, specially that both schools you are asking about have very informative threads posted already about them here on SDN.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=247148

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=250676

A good doctor, is a both a good observer and a good researcher.

hi
thanks for taking interest and answering. but after all the reading and checking out i had posted it. even the college web site. i even spoke to few people about this and i didn't get a good response. this was only posted to know more about these two colleges.
i do my work and if there is still to know then only i ask others.

tamanna said:
hi
thanks for taking interest and answering. but after all the reading and checking out i had posted it. even the college web site. i even spoke to few people about this and i didn't get a good response. this was only posted to know more about these two colleges.
i do my work and if there is still to know then only i ask others.
Ok, sounds fair enough.
Did you find all the answers you were looking for yet, or not ? If not, let us know, and someone will try to answer them quickly, as long as they are not questions which have been answered before on those 2 threads.
Welcome to SDN and Good luck !

tamanna

1. no way of knowing the % they are looking for in nbde nor for gpa
2. how many no. of seats are there for international dental program

thank you

If the school has not clearly specified a minimum score for NBDE's or GPA, that means that you are welcomed to apply, no matter what your score, as long as you have passed the NBDE's (%75) and have at least a 2.0 GPA. However, the competition has come to be very fierce, and even though they did not specify a certain score, it is usually advised to score above %85 in part I and above %80 in part II before you can have a good chance of accpetance. These are my own conservative estimates. You must realize that the competition pool changes each year.

As for how many seats they will be filling, that is definately answered on the threads.
Let me know if you weren't able find any other information.

Good luck !

No. of seats:

U Colorado 20
U MN 4-6 ( as per website).

There are no ways to know the lowest percentage accepted in any school unles you have friends in that class. That too is impossible at times as one can imagine the reaction of classmates when someone goes round with a notebook and pen and asking everyone their score! I was rejected by U MN before intv yet someone with lower score than mine (86) was interviewed. So no point breaking head here. Just apply to schools you want to (unless they have set criteria) and take your chances.

rahmed

hi
thanks guys for posting your replies. i am planning to apply but just scared. can't take a rejuction.
all the best to all who ever is applying :thumbup:

tamanna said:
hi
thanks guys for posting your replies. i am planning to apply but just scared. can't take a rejuction.

I made 12 applications...I had 10 rejections...& ONE acceptance! That's what matters...just one acceptance. Boy am I not happy? Yahoo! Who cares for those rejections. So don't be scared. Go ahead and keep applying.
Good luck,

rahmed

rahmed said:
I made 12 applications...I had 10 rejections...& ONE acceptance! That's what matters...just one acceptance. Boy am I not happy? Yahoo! Who cares for those rejections. So don't be scared. Go ahead and keep applying.
Good luck,

rahmed
Kudos ! All it takes is one baby ! It ain't tango, just dental school ... GOOD LUCK Rahmed !

rahmed said:
I made 12 applications...I had 10 rejections...& ONE acceptance! That's what matters.
rahmed

and that's the spirit of being an International Dentist.. :thumbup:

rahmed said:
Good luck,

rahmed
hi,
i made 10 applications so far, got one interview, 2 rejections.......n no reply from the rest,looks like an year gone........personal circumstances make it tougher to study again fo retaking part 1.........but HAVE TO DO IT !!!!
so all those people who know we have to retake it, just forget everything and lets study together..............with the best spirits......n faith!

tamanna said:
hi
thank you

UMN is taking 6 students this year, which they plan to increase to 12 next year (I was given this info during the interview). As for the NBDE they had given interview calls only to those with a score of 90+, but a few students with a score of less than 90 were also called if they had a couple of years experience. In the interview it is mainly communication skills.

tamanna said:
hi

Sorry to sound harsh, but if you can not take a rejection, you will have a tough time applying to schools. Better get ready for everything. There is no way to know if your score is good enough or not. So just gather all your strength and go if this is realy what you want. If you have any doubts, let other people have more chance.