Help, what is the best place to study for the MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pious_Servant

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi fellow MCATers, I'm in the process of preparing for the April '04 MCAT, and I'm trying to select some productive places to study, please offer your suggestion.

Members don't see this ad.

If it is possible, the best place to study is in the room that you will be taking the MCAT. Now, that is just something I picked up from psych classes and not anything I'd actually do, so study wherever you like. As long as you can focus you should be fine.

~AS1~

tv, computer and radio on. lots of pals around. also good when you're really tired.

Or you can go with the above post. I did that as much as possible in the final two weeks.

I suggest you study in the library where the least amount of people go. Usually the top floor or the corners. Again, choose a place where you can focus and it is close to the rest room:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
The location where I get most of my studying done is the bathroom. I find that no one bothers you there, its quiet, and you can multi-task!

for me, the best place to study is the library. for some reason, i just cannot get anything done at home (esp. studying mcat). too many damn distractions, i think :cool: :cool:

It wouldn't hurt to study in book store. Afterall you may not get that library silence when your taking the real thing.

Originally posted by Hawaiiandoc04
The location where I get most of my studying done is the bathroom. I find that no one bothers you there, its quiet, and you can multi-task!

Oh man...that's funny!!! :laugh:

I studied at home, at my desk, with some nice, inspiring classical music playing. That's what I'd recommend. Then on test day, you can listen to that music on your way, and get in the mood.

i completely agree...no place better than the bathroom. For Scrubs(the TV show) enthusiasts, remember the euphoria toilet??

Wow, this thread was pulled from the icy jaws of death. Over 4 years dead...quite amazing.

speaking of dead things...try studying at a cemetary. You won't find a much more relaxing and quite place. I know this sounds bad, but you may want to be prepared to act like you are mourning (in case a family comes to visit a nearby grave site). Unless of course you are ok w/ seeming really creepy...:scared:

For me the best place to study was in the library. You need to get used to taking practice tests with people clicking away on their keyboards, getting up and going out the door, breathing heavy, etc. During my MCAT there were about 20 other people with me in my room and not all of them were taking the MCAT, so there were people getting up and leaving all the time, or heavily pounding on the keyboard. So it's good to have practice trying to ignore those distractions.