help!! what's wrong w/ me?????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chef

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
since 2 days ago, my head is kinda oozy and my gait is focked up.. when i walk my head spins its almost like i'm drunk but im not i swear.... lol

ok so wth is going on????

Members don't see this ad.

Probably an inner ear infection which can mess with your sensorimotor coordination and vestibular system.

lol, FA in action!!!

but no fever, no cramps or aches, adequate diet, ..

Hi,
Similar thing was going on with me a couple of weeks ago, and it got so bad I even went to ER! Anyway, two meclizines and a CT later they tell me it is labyrynthitis, which is what I was thinking to begin with. Etiology can be viral. There is not much you can do about it (assuming this is what you have). It should clear away within couple a weeks, which is terrible news when you are studying for the boards. I took some ibuprofen and it seemed to help, unlike meclizine. Oh, one more thing that could help -- try to stop going to sleep at 6am -- I am working on it now.
Hope you feel beter!

Members don't see this ad :)
This same thing has been going on with me for 2 months and I went to a chiropractor yesterday, he cracked my neck and back, and I'm good as new now. No more knee weakness, dizziness, or ear ringing. Apparently, the muscular tension in my neck compressed my cervical spine until it was out of whack and it was slightly impeding blood flow to my brain. Creepy huh

Stinger86 said:
Apparently, the muscular tension in my neck compressed my cervical spine until it was out of whack and it was slightly impeding blood flow to my brain. Creepy huh

u believe that utter BS crap told by a chiro?? HAHAHAHHA

j/k glad u got better

anyway seems like what i'm having is not very uncommon.. hmmmmmmmmm
maybe its the sheer # of hours sitting down and studying

jakstat33 said:
Perhaps you ate some stinky cheese?

i was thinking more like stinky p$ssy... :smuggrin: can have devastating consequences...

Ummm, don't mean to be the 'stick-in-the-mud' but I think your comment Chef is totally inappropriate! :( & disgusting! :thumbdown:

ah c'mon now, live a little

I wish I could live a little... but this nasty little med school thing keeps getting in the way ;)

i was thinking more like stinky p$ssy... can have devastating consequences...

I had to speak my mind about this one... it's one of those comments (& words) that us silly women just can't seem to embrace. A little resepct, that's all we're asking! :)

:love:

While we are on the subject, has anybody seen the Vagina Monologues???? My school put it on for the first time last year, and at the time, I knew a very liberal female from a different school who I wanted to get it on with. So I took her to the show, and let's just say it is a good night. There was 300 people who showed up to the show.

I lose track of said female, and talk to her 6 months later (making the story short) She decided to put on the Vagina Monologues at her school, and ~3000 people attended the four shows and it was one of the biggest events of the year.

And all of this happened because I was a stereotypical guy.

:thumbup:

Jalby said:
While we are on the subject, has anybody seen the Vagina Monologues???? My school put it on for the first time last year, and at the time, I knew a very liberal female from a different school who I wanted to get it on with. So I took her to the show, and let's just say it is a good night. There was 300 people who showed up to the show.

I lose track of said female, and talk to her 6 months later (making the story short) She decided to put on the Vagina Monologues at her school, and ~3000 people attended the four shows and it was one of the biggest events of the year.

chef said:
since 2 days ago, my head is kinda oozy and my gait is focked up.. when i walk my head spins its almost like i'm drunk but im not i swear.... lol

I got the exact same thing about 6 weeks ago, right in the middle of finals. Two really bad episodes, one of which left me vomiting in the mens room for about 4 hours (and then taking a path final, lying down)...I recovered after a little trapezius stretching (although my symptoms progressed to a pretty awful thoracic outlet syndrome for about three days) and all has been well since. I had cervical tightness that cannot even be described, and I attributed my problems to that. Hope all works out well.

BTW, my first epsode made me think I had vertebrobasilar insufficiency...I got all dizzy, fell to one side, actually had diplopia for about two minutes. Maybe the worst experience of my life. I feel for you.

hey stringbean sorry if i got u upset w/ my comment!! 'twas a joke and i didnt mean to upset anyone - peace!! :)

wow, reading these posts makes me think that it's my posture when studying. i am constantly writing stuff down, reading all hunched over and tense, and i can definitely feel my neck/shoulders tightening up bigtime. :scared:

btw, i went out today to get some bulbs at home depot, and i got so oozy at the wheel i almost plowed into a SUV in my car!! yikes :( :( :scared:

Jalby said:

hey jalby, any idea what u wanna go into? btw i think u wouldve been a cool classmate had i ended up at usc. i definitely couldve studied step 1 w/ ya and u couldve been inspiration for my lazyass - lol

chef said:
hey jalby, any idea what u wanna go into? btw i think u wouldve been a cool classmate had i ended up at usc. i definitely couldve studied step 1 w/ ya and u couldve been inspiration for my lazyass - lol

I am the biggest distraction to study next to, so I'm not sure I would have been the person to study with. During the system tests I would have my computer in front of me and I would IM people, post on ADN, or play Starcraft (later on gunbound) instead of studying. So I'm not quite sure I would say I would be an inspiration.

But as for what I want to go into, I have noooo idea. Maybe Ortho or something like that.

chef said:

I call hydrocephalus
If so, I get dibs on VP shunt palcement!

I have had a something similar in the past and since then too, on and off. I dont think it has been as severe as the original poster describes, but for me it was like a transient dizziness, sometimes accompanied by a feeling of fluid in the ear area on one side or both...hard to describe. Only lasts maybe 5-10 secs or so. Basically, I have found out that it is related to a very very minor hyponatremia that can occur when one drinks a lot of water, juice, soft drinks within a few days and coincidentally has a low salt diet during those few days. The very slight hyponatremia in my case can cause a slight disbalance in the ear fluids, leading to a transient dizziness. Obviously anytime there is dizziness one should get checked to r/o arrythmias and brain AVM's etc, but if the dizziness episode is not accompanied by palpitations but is accompanied by a subtle feeling of fullness in one or both ears or any kind of unusual feeling in the ears, chances are that it might just have to do with fluids and internal anatomy of the ear which has subtle variations in different people.

Visually assess your veins to get some idea of your body fluid status, being physiologically, but not necessarily pathophysiologically, hypervolemic might be a clue. Also, if ingesting a pinch of salt improves the situation, then it might be like what I have. Considering going to a neurologist or ENT as appropriate. Oh, and if you have insurance, try to get a head CT with contrast and maybe even an EKG to give yourself assurance that whatever you have, it is not potentially fatal. I don't mean to sound too morbid, but unexplained dizziness can freak people out because obviously your first worry is brain tumor or AVM, and then cardiac arrythmia.