Help with a Good Christmas gift PLEASE!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Toga5410

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey I know those DAT test preps cost a lot of money so my mom said she would get me one for Christmas. Im a Pre-Dental student in College right now so which programs for that computer do you think are the top tens ones? Im looking for something to plug in the computer when I'm bored and have some time to practice for the DAT. All responses would be great!! Have a great day and a Wonderful Holiday everyone !!!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Computer programs in ranking order best being at the top

DAT achiever
Crack DAT PAT
Topscore

Books

DAT destroyer
Kaplan Blue book
AP bio

Keep in mind this is my opinion other people may think otherwise. Also its easier and quicker to open up a book than boot a computer ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
if you think you can afford any of the other ones on your own, ask for the most expensive one from your parents? :D
i believe destroyer is..
and i personally liked topscore better than achiever but like Jake8 said, that's just my opinion as well..

Crack DAT PAT might be a good choice for your situation right now cause it's just practice of PAT sections which might be good for you to do over the holidays when you're bored but don't wanna do academic studying..

i agree with a lot of the material, but if youre getting a lot of other stuff, i would skip Kaplan blue book and go for like AP BIO or something similar, destroyer covers sciences well and i felt kaplan book was a waste of time because it is not nearly enough detail. once again this is just my opinion

DAT Destroyer is a very underrated book. Used properly, it is extremely beneficial. However, in my opinion, it should only be used towards the end of the studying process. Save that one as an Easter gift.

i agree with a lot of the material, but if youre getting a lot of other stuff, i would skip Kaplan blue book and go for like AP BIO or something similar, destroyer covers sciences well and i felt kaplan book was a waste of time because it is not nearly enough detail. once again this is just my opinion

I bought the barrons book and studied that, it was a waste of time.
Definitely buy the kaplan book, I studied that for two weeks (8 hours a day) and did well enough on my DATs to get accepted to 4 schools (so far) including my top choice.
I did not take a class or online course though.

I only used the Kaplan Blue book and the Destroyer and I was happy with my scores on the sciencey bits, so I would definitely recommend those, but I felt like the destroyer's QR stuff wasn't as hard as the real test. I totally bombed my QR and it dragged my AA down a LOT, and I wish I'd prepared for it better using one of the other sources. For the PAT, even if you take Kaplan, their online stuff is nothing compared to the real PAT. Get something solid for PAT for sure (the only reason I got a passable grade at all was because I used Sama951's tutorial here haha).

Computer programs in ranking order best being at the top

DAT achiever
Crack DAT PAT
Topscore

If I recall correctly, DAT achiever and Topscore are useless unless you have studied already. They are full-length practice tests and should be used after a thorough review of the material to gauge where you are at.

If I recall correctly, DAT achiever and Topscore are useless unless you have studied already. They are full-length practice tests and should be used after a thorough review of the material to gauge where you are at.

Or when I first started studying for the DAT topscore gave me a little kick in the rear to start studying after bombing the sections.

I took the DAT twice

First time used Kaplan blue book and topscore - 18

Second time used Destroyer, Kaplan blue book, topscore, DAT achiever, audio osmosis (bio) and Kaplan mini tests - 21 would probably have been a 22 if I wasn't stupid at math.