Help with College Credits

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureM.D.

Psychology major
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does a psychology/chemistry double major sound impressive? or what about a psychology major and minors in chemistry and spanish? I'm trying to think of what to do with all my extra credits I'll have after psychology and pre-med. And do ADCOMMs ask about fluency in a foreign language? :confused: :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by FutureM.D.
Does a psychology/chemistry double major sound impressive? or what about a psychology major and minors in chemistry and spanish? I'm trying to think of what to do with all my extra credits I'll have after psychology and pre-med. And do ADCOMMs ask about fluency in a foreign language? :confused: :confused:
You aren't accepted or rejected based on your major. As long as your science gpa is competitive, med schools won't care what you major in. A psychology degree at UF is one step above a degree from the college of education IMO. That's not really impressive. ;) Don't be a degree collector. Just major in whatever you want and do well in your pre-reqs.

a minor in spanish would be interesting.

if you like psych go with it. like evryone else says.. dont do a major/minor thinking you're going to impress anyone.

I love psychology, that's why I'm majoring in it. I also like spanish and chemistry so I'm trying to just figure out how to arrange my credits and things like that. Pre-med goes towards a minor in chemistry which I could turn into a double major with my electives. Or, I could just take 2 minors and a major in psychology. OR, I could minor in the chemistry, major in psy and use my left over credits for random courses in genetics, anthropology, upperlevel science, extra writing course, things like that. I'm not just doing this for ADCOMMs, I'm doing it for myself. I just don't know how I'm going to do it.....Poor me, I have to figure this out.:(