1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Help with deciding between Drexel and Temple

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by Radiohead67, May 3, 2004.

1. Radiohead67

Radiohead67 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I've been accepted to both schools and am having trouble deciding between the two. Both seem similar in repuation and cost. The main things I like about each are at Drexel the facilities and the clinical years at Temple. I'd also like to attend a med school in a non-competitive environment. I was wondering if any students could give me any information to help me make my decision. Any information is appreciated.
    Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. babinski bob

babinski bob Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I think you'll enjoy Drexel... Maybe i'm biased since i'm a 2nd year student in the ifm track but i've enjoyed my time here.. The curriculum is well organized, you have your choice of attending lecture or not and there are tons of resources availble... We have nice printed module guides for every lecture, we have student run transcription services, lectures are recorded online to watch, free tutoring to anyone who wants it... You'll definetely be prepared for step 1... The school is in a nice neighborhood.. You can walk to school if you want. The clinical curriculum isn't too shabby either... :) Anyhow I could add more, but maybe some of my classmates will add more later. Good luck w/ your decision.

4. CityIvy

CityIvy Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

who are you babinski bob?

5. Radiohead67

Radiohead67 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Thanks Bob for the responding. Any other Drexel students or Temple students have anything else?

6. pikachu

pikachu Senior Member
    15+ Year Member

Temple students please don't flame me but I think Temple was on some kind of probation from the ACGME and in danger of losing its accreditation. Beyond this I don't know much but it would be worthwhile to look into the events that precipitated the probation as well as what Temple has done to address them. Maybe a current student can help you out on this one.

7. 10minutes

10minutes M.D.Candidate
    5+ Year Member

Yes, I've heard that too, but I think it has been taken care of. I don't know the details. :confused:

8. SaltySqueegee

SaltySqueegee El Rey de Salsa
    10+ Year Member

MD/PhD Student
  9. castaway

castaway Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    cityivy,

2 years ago you were anxious about getting into med school, and now you're half way through. So am I, I have my last final, a shelf physical diagnosis exam, on Fri and then ILL BE DONE with 2nd year. We've toiled long and hard, congrats and good luck on the boards and wards

Castaway
    Texas Tech MS2

10. Lara

Lara Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Unfortunately this is a really bad time to ask because this is final exam period for second year. But please do a search under my username and Temple. You might have to go a bit back to around the fall of 2002, but I was also accepted at both schools and I know I made some posts which would exactly answer your question. I've also addresed the probation issue from last year. Good luck! :)