Program-Specific Info / Q's Help with Decision

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

melsmels_16

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been accepted into two OT programs, Kettering DOT and West Virginia University MOT. I am having trouble making a decision and comparing the two and wondered if anyone had any insights for me. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats on being accepted to both programs! When did you hear back about your acceptance to Kettering? I applied there as well, but haven't heard anything.

I'd go to WVU. A DOT program won't make you a dime more than an MOT, and I believe Kettering is still not fully accredited - they'll probably get there but idk man, at least WVU is there already.

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard back from Kettering about three weeks ago. As for accreditation, Kettering is fully accredited now according to information I received from them and information from Ohio State's network of accredited schools. Just not sure if there is a major difference between the two programs or if it just comes down to the small things.

I'm also trying to factor in hiring after graduation, while I know DOT vs MOT will not make a significant difference I didn't know if the WVU vs Kettering would.

Compare the tuition and networking for both schools. Congratulations on two great options :)

I heard back from Kettering about three weeks ago.

I didn't interview until March 14. Did you interview then as well? I'm sorry for all the questions! I got into another program and need to make a decision soon, so I'm just trying to figure out where I stand with Kettering.