Help With Dental School List

toothfairy1103

Jun 28, 2020
  1. Pre-Dental
    Hey guys I want your opinion on potentially adding more schools to my list. My stats are as follows 3.73 cumulative GPA and 3.75 science GPA, I got a 24 AA and TS and my resume is decent with lots of exposure to the field. Also, I have NY residency. The one thing I can admit is that I feel as though I have weak letters of recommendation. So far I have applied to the following schools:
    1. UNC
    2. Tufts
    3. Harvard
    4. BU
    5. Stony
    6. Buffalo
    7. UCLA
    8. Columbia
    9. Rutgers
    10. U Conn
    11. U Penn

I am concerned that I may be applying to too many schools that have a rather low acceptance rate and not enough target schools. What are your thoughts and if so what schools would you suggest adding?

macsak

2+ Year Member
    Aug 16, 2018
      Hey guys I want your opinion on potentially adding more schools to my list. My stats are as follows 3.73 cumulative GPA and 3.75 science GPA, I got a 24 AA and TS and my resume is decent with lots of exposure to the field. Also, I have NY residency. The one thing I can admit is that I feel as though I have weak letters of recommendation. So far I have applied to the following schools:
      1. UNC
      2. Tufts
      3. Harvard
      4. BU
      5. Stony
      6. Buffalo
      7. UCLA
      8. Columbia
      9. Rutgers
      10. U Conn
      11. U Penn

I am concerned that I may be applying to too many schools that have a rather low acceptance rate and not enough target schools. What are your thoughts and if so what schools would you suggest adding?

6 of your 11 are in the top 10 or so most difficult schools to get in to...

Reactions: 1 users
      About the Ads

the_molar_bear

2+ Year Member
      Oct 19, 2019
      1. Dental Student
        1. UNC
        2. Tufts
        3. Harvard
        4. BU
        5. Stony
        6. Buffalo
        7. UCLA
        8. Columbia
        9. Rutgers
        10. U Conn
        11. U Penn

You have a good chance at stony/buffalo!

Reactions: 1 user
        About the Ads
        This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.