HELP with Diversity Essays - Can't Decide on Topic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AllDay24

Veteran Member
10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
number 2 sounds great! that stands out the most to me. Just looking at how much you expanded on number 2 in comparison to the others shows me that that's the one you should be writing about.

number 2 sounds great! that stands out the most to me. Just looking at how much you expanded on number 2 in comparison to the others shows me that that's the one you should be writing about.

Thanks! Writing that post out actually helped me decide which one. Was really torn but I think it's obvious now.

Members don't see this ad :)
Racial/socioeconomic/ideological/etc - many types - try to think of other types and pick the one that speaks to you

I think number 2 is the easiest to work with, but it is way too broad. Also the term "leadership skills" doesn't scream diversity. You are definitely right about that lending itself more to a greatest strength essay. A better angle might be to focus on the ability to identify a serious health issue, the initiative to start something, and the drive to produce something that didn't exist before. I'd drop the board member of a pre-med club. List that in your activities section.

It is a weak, 'diversity' topic, the creative problem solver, but can be made into a very good essay, but with what you have listed, I think that is your best option. You can try to spin yourself as being an action > words person. That definitely fits the ideological diversity bill. While many will think it, few actually are that way. If you have a good experience bank to pull from I think you can pull it off.

Thanks

Last edited: