help with DMU interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

minoos

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi
i have an interview at DMU on Feb 28th. Can some one give me some inputs about typical interview questions and what are the chances to be accepted at DMU?
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

DMU this is great . I heard from a friend who got interviewed(sp) there that the interviewers were very relax.
Typical question
1- tell me about yourself
2- how do you see yourself 15 years from now.
3- what do you do to cope with stress

i hope this will help and wish you good luck.
simple curiosity what is your GPA AND mcat scrore

DMU was actually a fun interview. It was very relaxed and everyone there was very friendly. Don't worry about it at all. The hardest part of the interview was sitting around a big table with everyone else for 3 hours strait while they did all of their scheduled presentations. Just be yourself, show that you have a personality and the interview should go just fine. It was really laid back and very nice. I was really impressed with DMU and got accepted, but I am going to AZCOM because it is more in the west. Good luck in your interview and don't stress. :cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
I, too, really liked my DMU interview. Go to interviewfeedback.com for common questions and suggestions. DMU was my first interview and after i felt very unsure about it, but i ended up getting accepted quite quickly-- i'd suggest reading over your application to have everything fresh on your mind and then go in with confidence! Also, think about some questions you may have for them. DMU was a nice school and i loved des moines!! Good luck to you!

hi
Regarding my GPA, i have a total undergrad gpa of 3.4, i have attended one year of podiatry school, before deciding to apply to D.O schools .my MCAT score is 23, 9 bio, 8 physical, 6 verbal (english is not my native language). I hope this helps.

Hey Minoos, I'm a first year at DMU. Honestly your stats are a bit low but you have an interview so that is very promising. DMU doesn't waste time on interviewing people they aren't interested in. The day will start out with meeting the Dean, people from finacial aid, a couple of the OMM fellows, and some other meeting I can't remember. Then you will have a tour, probably led by a first year student. Then you will have lunch and there will be a number of current students at lunch to answer questions and tell you more about the school. Then you chill out till your interview. It should be one or two Phd's and a student. They will already have reviewed your application and developed questions based on that. The interview last about 15 to 30 minutes. It is very relaxed, but you will probably still be nervous. English not being your first language is no problem at all, I have a number of classmates who have English as a second language. I hope that answered some of your questions. If not, feel free to ask.

minoos,

I interviewed at DMU back in October. It was the easiest interview I had. It lasted fifteen minutes at the most, and it was very relaxed. You will do fine. In case you are interested...
Overall gpa 3.6, science 3.5
I had the same exact MCAT distribution as you with a P on the writing sample.

I wish you well with your interview!!!