1. What do you find most helpful? Give us your feedback on the 2019 SDN Member Survey to help further the SDN mission (and win prizes!)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice

help with EK

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by 4success, Mar 14, 2007.

1. 4success

4success Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I've been following kaplan material and i feel like there's just too much material and i'm not going anywhere... i see that many ppl here are using EK and am thinking of switching over.. but wasn't sure what books to buy. is the complete study package same thign as buying each subject individually? and is that what everyone's using for teh 10 week study schedule??

THank you!

2. ronehh

ronehh in the original position
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Hey there, the complete package comes with biology, general chemistry, organic chemistry, physics, verbal and one EK full length. the 1001/101 series is sold separately. HTH. - ron

3. w00tz

10+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    If you already know some of the stuff from the Kaplan books, then skip it. When I think I know a particular subject, I look at the questions at the end the chapter. If I think I can handle them, I'll take a stab at it. I'll review the material for the ones that I missed or guess on, then start the next chapter. I'm almost certain you will be able to do that for some topics. You can used the saved time to strengthen your weaker areas. If you can't do that for any of the chapters, then doing EK won't help you, because they are much more broad in their lectures. I feel that EK is good for review, not learning.