Help with NBDE part 2 study plan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TicToc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am a foreign trained dentist and am taking the nbde part 2 in forty days... I feel like I am in serious trouble. I graduated in 2007 and I feel like I should go over the material once to get the basic idea, along with Mosby and the dental decks, but it is taking too long. Now I have a few questions I need help with:
1) I have dental decks for nbde part 2 2007-2008. Should I get the newer 2011 ones? Is there much of a difference? Also, I would appreciate if anyone is willing to sell theirs as the newer onces are pretty pricey.
2) How should I prepare for second day of the exam. What is the best source to study case based questions. Is the Kaplan Qbank helpful in preparing for case studies?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I have the same qs ...

especially about kaplan qbank ..

Hi everyone,
I am a foreign trained dentist and am taking the nbde part 2 in forty days... I feel like I am in serious trouble. I graduated in 2007 and I feel like I should go over the material once to get the basic idea, along with Mosby and the dental decks, but it is taking too long. Now I have a few questions I need help with:
1) I have dental decks for nbde part 2 2007-2008. Should I get the newer 2011 ones? Is there much of a difference? Also, I would appreciate if anyone is willing to sell theirs as the newer onces are pretty pricey.
2) How should I prepare for second day of the exam. What is the best source to study case based questions. Is the Kaplan Qbank helpful in preparing for case studies?

Any help will be much appreciated.

I have the same qs ...

especially about kaplan qbank ..

part two has changed from what some people have told me, with the heavier concentration on cases. i would suspect that decks are good as i dont think there is much difference bw the 2007 and 2011. clinical problem solving in dentistry is an excellent bookmfor reviewing case based type of questions.