Help with ochem studying technique?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sammy1024

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm sure this has been posted a million times, but I thought I might just resurrect this question.

I did pretty well in OC while in school but i've forgotten most of since then. I was wondering what is the best way to get about this topic. It's bringing my BS score down, and it's usually a hit or miss when I take a practice test.

I am going to study the topic, even though many people don't think that it is worth it, but was wondering what seems to be the best approach.

Should I read TBR?
Should I use EK?

I used Kaplan, but it is not that helpful, and hasn't really done anything for me.

Members don't see this ad.

Use EK.
You just have to understand how nucleophiles + electrophiles work and some lab techniques.

Reactions: 1 user
Use EK.
You just have to understand how nucleophiles + electrophiles work and some lab techniques.

This guys emits wisdom.

Also, be sure to know all the factual stuff that don't require analysis (aka IR peaks, Rf values, what are primary/secondary whatever, R/S, etc.). When these types of questions appear, they should be free points. But if you don't know them, then you wont get those points.