1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

HELP with research search terms!

Discussion in 'Psychology [Psy.D. / Ph.D.]' started by ProfessionalStudent5, Jul 9, 2018.

1. ProfessionalStudent5

Psychology Student
    Hello! I'm doing a research study looking into diagnosis and prescription disparities. It's a secondary data analysis and I have to choose a specific time to verify that the patient has filled their prescription. I'm having difficulty finding a resource that states on average how long it takes a patient to fill an initial prescription. Does anyone have any knowledge about this or possible search terms. I have looked into medication adherence but the studies that haven't been helpful. I'm wondering if I'm using the wrong search terms. Thanks for your help!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. CA_PsyD_FL_LMHC

Psychology Student
    Not sure of terms that might help, but I know that past a certain time it is referred to as prescription abandonment (which has been heavily studied). Perhaps the abandonment literature will have data related to average pickup times?

Good luck!

4. ProfessionalStudent5

Psychology Student

That’s helpful! Thank you.

CA_PsyD_FL_LMHC likes this.
  5. Therapist4Chnge

Therapist4Chnge Neuropsych Ninja Faculty
    Faculty Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Psychologist
    I published in a related area a few years back, though we didn’t look at fill time....but i’d be interested in any references you find about it.