HELP with research search terms!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ProfessionalStudent5

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I'm doing a research study looking into diagnosis and prescription disparities. It's a secondary data analysis and I have to choose a specific time to verify that the patient has filled their prescription. I'm having difficulty finding a resource that states on average how long it takes a patient to fill an initial prescription. Does anyone have any knowledge about this or possible search terms. I have looked into medication adherence but the studies that haven't been helpful. I'm wondering if I'm using the wrong search terms. Thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

Not sure of terms that might help, but I know that past a certain time it is referred to as prescription abandonment (which has been heavily studied). Perhaps the abandonment literature will have data related to average pickup times?

Good luck!

Not sure of terms that might help, but I know that past a certain time it is referred to as prescription abandonment (which has been heavily studied). Perhaps the abandonment literature will have data related to average pickup times?

Good luck!

That’s helpful! Thank you.

Reactions: 1 user