Help with school list: 3.8 cGPA/3.7 sGPA/37 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

happyfeet1292

MD Class of 2018!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You're applying to a very good range of schools... you should for sure get love from some of your state schools. And you have as good of a shot as any other applicant at the top schools..

Thanks! I'm trying to cut down on a few schools to get my list closer to 20 schools...any thoughts on which to cut?

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok, took out GW and NYMC. Any other thoughts? I'd really like to get it down to < 20 schools :confused:

I'd cut GW&#12288;and Hoyaville due to expensive secondaries and huge pool.

Ok, took out GW and NYMC. Any other thoughts? I'd really like to get it down to < 20 schools :confused:

I believe Hoyaville was referring to the Georgetown Hoyas :laugh:

Yeah drop GT. Maybe Oakland also unless you particularly want to go there. Yes, they're in MI, but they do not have an in state preference as a private school.

I believe Hoyaville was referring to the Georgetown Hoyas :laugh:

Yeah drop GT. Maybe Oakland also unless you particularly want to go there. Yes, they're in MI, but they do not have an in state preference as a private school.

Haha, I knew that! :p I just really love the DC area and have a friend who goes to Georgetown med, so I can't see myself not applying there. And I'm leaning towards keeping Oakland because it's my mom's alma mater and right down the road from where I live. If I keep my list as it is (minus NYMC and GW), is it too top-heavy or is 21 schools too much?

Thanks for the help so far everyone! I really appreciate it.