Help with school list !? 512 on MCAT (124 CARS )

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Palibabiix13

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I just got my MCAT score, I received a 512. I honestly though I failed, I was sick the night before, anxiety, threw up, and to make things worse electricity turned off at my pro metrics center for 20 minutes mid exam. So I should be happy however, I received a 124 on F***** CARS. 130/124/129/129

I honestly should be happy, but now I feel like I am so limited.

A little bit about my ECS and Grades:
1. 4.0 collective GPA
2. Organic Chemistry Student of the Year
3. President of the foundation for international medical relief of children
4. Member of AHEC, work to counsel and mentor underserved children from minorities or low SES.
5. Wound Care Scribe 1000+ hours
6. Research at the Institute of Biomedical Research 250+ hours
7. Received 4500$ to conduct research and evaluate student performance at my university
8. volunteered 200+ hours. (Habitat for Humanity, capital area food bank, local hospital)
9. first generation college student
10. former law school student (the irony of a 124 on CARS )
11. Fluent in 3 languages
12. Making an educational tool/video game about cell structure and function
13. Work as a tutor, and cater Middle Easter cousin
14. Will begin working for Kaplan as MCAT tutor.
15. No publications but have done a poster presentation.

Can someone help me make a list. This is what I have so far.
1. VCU
2. EVCM
3. Georgetown
4. George Washington
5. University of Michigan
6. Layola Chicago
7. V. Tech medical school

Isn't a 124 on CARS a 49% and 125 a 53% . I spoke with University of Michigan, my dream school, and they told me they have a 50% cutoff. However, do they refer to it as a confidence band?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

125 on CARS is 61%. I know with a 125 you are competitive for almost all MD schools (except maybe top 20). I know of some MD schools that screen below/at 123 on any section but I'm not sure about a 124. 124~ around 8 on the old MCAT, which was good enough for most lower tier schools. Do you have MSAR? You can see the acceptance ranges for schools on there, which could help you with your school list. I would look for schools that are OOS friendly and that have 125 or lower as their 10% on CARS. Also, apply to your state schools! Some additional schools you may want to consider: Tulane, NYMC, Drexel, Creighton, Temple, Penn State. You are competitive for any DO school as well. Good luck, OP!

Reactions: 1 user
125 on CARS is 61%. I know with a 125 you are competitive for almost all MD schools (except maybe top 20). I know of some MD schools that screen below/at 123 on any section but I'm not sure about a 124. 124~ around 8 on the old MCAT, which was good enough for most lower tier schools. Do you have MSAR? You can see the acceptance ranges for schools on there, which could help you with your school list. I would look for schools that are OOS friendly and that have 125 or lower as their 10% on CARS. Also, apply to your state schools! Some additional schools you may want to consider: Tulane, NYMC, Drexel, Creighton, Temple, Penn State. You are competitive for any DO school as well. Good luck, OP!
Thank you so much! That makes me feel a lot better. English isn't my first language, and for some reason that became evident on test day! I will look into those school as well.

Reactions: 1 user