Help with school list please? 3.73/37

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

happypenguin28

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
The lack of significant research experience will hurt for the top 20 research powerhouses, much more so than a 10 in PS or the GPA.

Go ahead and give some top 20 reaches a shot, you have a lot of potentially compelling parts to an application depending on how you present them. But right now I count about 7 schools on your list you could go into this cycle and say you have a reasonable shot at getting a II at. Try and get that number closer to a dozen.

Honestly you dont really need to cut back on that many top 20 reaches(although I would a little) if you are applying this broadly as much as get rid of these low yield schools. You really dont need RFU, Georgetown, Brown or Rush on this list. None of them will be high yield with these stats or high yield in general. Some options I would consider them replacing with could be schols like Miami, Cincinnati, Ohio State, Tulane, U of Iowa, Rochester, Hofstra, Stony Brook. Use MSAR to identify more schools like this that take at least 25% OOS with a median MCAT of say in the 33-35 range.

I do as a side note recommend cutting back on the total list of schools just a bit, this many secondaries can start to affect the quality of them.

Last edited:
I suggest the following:

Albert Einstein
BU
Case Western
Columbia
Emory
Dartmouth
Georgetown
Harvard OR Yale
Any two of the Manhattan Titans
USC
Loyola
Northwestern OR Pitt
Rush (requires lots of service hours, you don't qualify).
Tufts
Rochester
U MA
U VT
SUNY Upstate (maybe)
SUNY SB
U Miami
Keck
Hofstra
Netter
Albany