Help with school list please?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fun1nth3sun1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted my primary back in July 2020. I was verified as of September 22 due to a delay in my transcripts.

Was wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to a school list. I am aiming for brand new or newer DO schools specifically and schools that review applications holistically. So far I have only applied to two schools just because I am consistently considering around my goal for the MCAT before adding any more schools

cgpa-2.7
graduate gpa: 3.7
50 hours of shadowing a DO

LORS:
I have a DO physician LOR from the physician I shadowed
One from a MD/phD pathologist I used to work with.
I have one LOR from my previous science professor.
Working on getting another LOR from another professor.

Volunteer Experiences:
over 150 hours volunteering at a cancer clinic
over 150 hours of nontrad volunteering

Work experience:
Over 3 years of laboratory experience as a Technologist, Technician, etc
Worked at a Children`s Hospital
Worked as a tutor for over 4 years.

I am also bilingual.

Scheduled to take my MCAT in January. Currently scoring around low 500s so I am confident I can bring my score up at least 5 points. I am obviously
aiming for at least 507 and above.

I have a very compelling PS about surviving hurricane harvey.

Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Get the mcat score and report back. We can't give an accurate school list without that.

Reactions: 1 user
If you hit your goal on the MCAT and aren't a terrible interviewee, you'd be fine at most DO schools, especially the newer ones that you are interested in. Obviously having a goal doesn't make it so, but work hard for it. Your cGPA isn't great, but I think that your graduate GPA will help shine over that.

Reactions: 1 user
If you hit your goal on the MCAT and aren't a terrible interviewee, you'd be fine at most DO schools, especially the newer ones that you are interested in. Obviously having a goal doesn't make it so, but work hard for it. Your cGPA isn't great, but I think that your graduate GPA will help shine over that.
Thank you so much. I really appreciate your kind words. I am a mother and its really hard managing my time studying, but I will make it happen. I will do whatever it takes. I am so ready to destroy this MCAT!!!!!! lol