Help with school list / WAMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dunderbaks

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am a Fall 2019 graduating senior and will be applying in the next cycle. I have a few schools picked out so far (6) but was looking to get about 15-20. I'm fine with anywhere in the US, but prefer the east coast. I am also highly committed to idea of military service either through HPSP or USUHS. I haven't taken the MCAT yet, but practice tests so far have ranged between 507-512. Overall, I feel like my stats are OK with the schools I already have, but I am very worried that my ECs are a little lackluster because of a lack of non-clinical volunteering and research. The only reasons I really have behind me never doing research and not more volunteering is because I had to balance a part-time job to pay school bills and assisting my elderly grandparents. Any suggestions to improve my app are appreciated. Here is what I have as of now:

State: FL

cGPA: 3.75 (4/3.61/3.68/3.67), sGPA: 3.65, AO GPA: 4.0
MCAT: Taking in March

Clinical Volunteering: 200+ hours (OR Transport at a VA hospital)
Non-Clinical: 0
Research: 0
Shadowing: 73 hours, shadowing MDs, a DO, a PA, and an RN in the emergency department, as well as other specialties including ophthalmology and interventional radiology.

Additionally, I am a first generation college graduate, if that means anything.

Here are my schools so far:

1. USUHS
2. UCF
3. USF
4. UNM
5. Tufts
6. Wake Forest

Members don't see this ad.

Without a MCAT score it is not possible to give you a school list. Post your actual score here in the future.

Reactions: 1 user