Oct 5, 2011
Status
Pre-Medical
Do any of you know which allopathic medical schools have a minimum grade requirement for the required premedical coursework?

FrkyBgStok

10+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2005
Midwest
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Get an MSAR and you can answer your own question.

OP
B
Oct 5, 2011
Status
Pre-Medical
I do have an MSAR and the answer to my question is not specified, otherwise I wouldn't have asked.

FrkyBgStok

10+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2005
Midwest
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I do have an MSAR and the answer to my question is not specified, otherwise I wouldn't have asked.
Oh. Well if it isn't in the MSAR then we probably can't help much. I think almost all schools have a requirement that you have to have a C or greater in all the prereq coursework, but I don't know if any schools have a "this is the minimum GPA for prereqs." Many schools have minimum gpas to apply with. That should be in the MSAR.

Catalystik

The Gimlet Eye
10+ Year Member
Sep 4, 2006
Camp SDN: The Place for Summer Fun
Do any of you know which allopathic medical schools have a minimum grade requirement for the required premedical coursework?
Each school's website might be the best place to look. Rather than a prerequisite minimum, you may more likely find a BCPM or cGPA minimum listed.

Feb 3, 2012
Status
Medical Student
I believe wisconsin has a minimum of 2.75- but that's just a minimum in order to have your application looked at by someone, i doubt many (if any) would get in with that