Help with starting my studying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doofenschmirtz

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had a really quick question. Is it better to start studying subject by subject (so finish Biology then move on to chemistry, etc) or study Biology for 1-2 days, then switch it up every 1-2 days?

Members don't see this ad.

I generally recommend switching it up. The reason being is that people usually get really sick and burnt out of studying one subject for a really long time. I generally say do a few chapters at a time (maybe 2-3) and then switch it up. I would go even further than per day; I would do multiple subjects in one day (1 day I would do 2 chapters bio and then 2 chapters chem etc.).

This is usually what I recommend (mcat prep courses also teach like this). But it of course varies by person.

Reactions: 1 user
I generally recommend switching it up. The reason being is that people usually get really sick and burnt out of studying one subject for a really long time.

Super sound advice here. Rotate rotate rotate. This also promotes connections between disparate subjects, which will help. I can guarantee you'll find a bio-based question in the C/P section and vice-versa. It's the nature of the test, so rotating subjects + Hat Trick develops the lateral thinking required of you.

Reactions: 1 user