Help with Study Plan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

predental1187

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I know I haven't posted on here much, but I have recently been reading a lot of your threads, and they have really helped me out. Thank you!

So here's my situation: I've taken the Kaplan class for about the past month and am going through all of the readings/practice tests/quizzes and workshops as I go along. When I get done with Kaplan, I will have about three more weeks (with no work or class, so I'll have all day) to study before the big day (Aug. 24)

I was thinking of doing Crack DAT PAT because I need to boost my score in that area, and I know Kaplan can be a little weak for PAT. I've also heard great things about Destroyer, so I was going to get that as well for help on the science sections. Then I was going to buy either TopScore or Achiever for more practice tests.

Do you think three weeks will be enough time to finish the materials I have listed above (Crack PAT, Destroyer, and practice tests)? I'm not really sure how long it takes to do them, so any feedback would be appreciated before I purchase them. Also, is the Destroyer helpful for the QR section?

Thank you so much!!

Members don't see this ad.

Yes I believe it is fesible. I can generally do one destroyer section per day and cover the answers. The PAT takes me a while because I am still getting my sluggish mind to comprehend these things. I would plan to work at least 8 hrs a day.

Thank you for the quick response! Besides sciences, have you also used Destroyer for QR? If so, is it helpful for that area?

Any more opinions would be great! I'll be sure to let you all know how it turns out :)

I would say that it is helpful to learn the basics, many have said that it is not comparable to the real thing. Most people have said that Crack Dat Math is more comparable to the real thing. I have been using that, I have also been through destroyer once.

Also someone on this forum that posted a breakdown of their scores said they were selling their stuff and I believe they had destroyer in there somewhere so it may not hurt to look around here.