1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Help with the AAMC application

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by wittykid316, Jul 28, 2011.

1. wittykid316

2+ Year Member

Hey guys, i was wondering whether I should submit my application soon. I took the MCAT July 16th of this year (this summer), and was wondering if I should wait till my score comes in before I send out my application. What is the difference between sending out the application before and after the MCAT score comes out. Should I only apply to my lower end schools first? my GPA is a 3.9 and I have a lot of volunteer experience in India and Africa; if that information helps. Thanks for the help guys.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. CodeBlu

CodeBlu Dream Weaver
    Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Submit ASAP if you think your MCAT scores are going to be decent. To be safe... indicate a retest date on your application. Which you can always change/update after you've been verified. Get the ball rolling!

Good luck! :luck:

4. Whatyousay

Whatyousay A few loose screws
    7+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Send it ASAP.

The difference between submitting it now and submitting when your scores come out is the difference between being complete in August/September and being complete in October.

5. wittykid316

2+ Year Member

thx guys. should i apply to all my 25 planned schools or only a few of the state schools.

6. CodeBlu

CodeBlu Dream Weaver
    Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Try like 5 or 6...just in case your MCAT scores aren't what you expect.