Help with the work/activities section

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Proudfather94

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I was just wondering if anyone is able to see if I am filling this out in the way that they are looking for. I am trying to be short with my descriptions while also giving enough information for them to know the skills and personality characteristics I have from my experiences without being too wordy or directly saying things like "I am dependable and work well in a team". Most of my entries have around 200 characters remaining I thought it may annoy them if each entry had the whole character limit used. Thank you for your time!

Members don't see this ad.

You shouldn't worry about using all the characters you have, but you should always stay within the limit! What is important here is how you describe your activities. It’s true that descriptions should be concise and clear. This is what we suggest: To structure each standard description, use approximately one-third of the allotted characters to describe the setting and the activity (make sure you highlight the most important aspect of the experience first and use meaningful action verbs like "led," "founded," "organized," "advocated," etc.). Then use the remaining space in the entry to demonstrate how the experience impacted you and helped you develop the qualities sought in future medical professionals. To structure a “most meaningful” Work and Activities description, we recommend using the initial 700 characters to offer a description of the position itself (as you would for a standard experience), then using the additional 1325 characters to reflect on the impact of the experience. Hope this helps! Best of luck to you!

Reactions: 1 user
You shouldn't worry about using all the characters you have, but you should always stay within the limit! What is important here is how you describe your activities. It’s true that descriptions should be concise and clear. This is what we suggest: To structure each standard description, use approximately one-third of the allotted characters to describe the setting and the activity (make sure you highlight the most important aspect of the experience first and use meaningful action verbs like "led," "founded," "organized," "advocated," etc.). Then use the remaining space in the entry to demonstrate how the experience impacted you and helped you develop the qualities sought in future medical professionals. To structure a “most meaningful” Work and Activities description, we recommend using the initial 700 characters to offer a description of the position itself (as you would for a standard experience), then using the additional 1325 characters to reflect on the impact of the experience. Hope this helps! Best of luck to you!
Thank you so much! My advisor is going to v proof read it soon when she's done I'll make the changes she suggests and base it off of what you said. I've seen some of your videos of YouTube they're super helpful!