• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

HELP WITH THIS JOURNEY...

Hester215

2+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2015
    Wassup everyone let me start off saying i have a huge interest in medicine and just feel at home mentally and physically when helping someone in need of physical care. I am currently attending community college of Philadelphia in the dual admission for Temple University. I am currently at 47 credits potentially graduating this semester. My problem start from last semester I got a D for the first time ever in a science course (College Chem) i am taking it over now, i only took A&P 1 & 2 receiving an A both courses. Only math I took was 118 (intermediate). my gpa is 3.0; Have yet to do any volunteer work or research or practice MCAT...I am feeling very discouraged because I am not at Temple yet and I just want to know am I "still in the running" to becoming a medical student?

p.s. All advice are appreciated

Catalystik

The Gimlet Eye
    Verified Expert
    15+ Year Member
    Sep 4, 2006
    The Other Side of the Portal
    1. Attending Physician
      Your first priority is to keep your GPA high. Don't distract yourself with ECs until you've solidified your strategies for earning consistently good grades. There is no rule that you must apply to med school after the third or fourth college year. Rather, apply when your application is the best it can be.

And keep in mind that DO med schools outside of Texas only count the most recent grade if you retake when they calculate your application GPAs, which means that D would no longer drag down your numbers.

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.