Help with this unusual situation..pls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chiloxy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello guys, I've got probably the weirdest question. My situation is quite uncommon. I'm currently 6weeks away from graduating with a Master's in psychology...with a solid GPA(3.7) plus strong involvement in extracurricular activities . I had my BSc in biology with the intentions of going to medschool...but, my GPA was horrible (2.7). I deserve all the blame for being stupid at that time. But now, I'm older and wiser and still want to give medschool a shot.I'm more financially stable and able to focus on my studies now. I'm thinking of going to get another bachelor's maybe in chemistry, maths, or physics and also taking the prereqs required for medschool. Does anyone think it's possible for medschools to consider me as a worthwhile candidate if I do well in my second bachelor's ????

Members don't see this ad.

why is this a wierd question and why is your situation uncommon? sounds pretty typical to me.

with a 2.7 uGPA, you have a long LONG road to raise it enough to even be considered superficially. however, if you were to take advantage of the DO grade replacement, you would be in a much better situation.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello guys, I've got probably the weirdest question. My situation is quite uncommon. I'm currently 6weeks away from graduating with a Master's in psychology...with a solid GPA(3.7) plus strong involvement in extracurricular activities . I had my BSc in biology with the intentions of going to medschool...but, my GPA was horrible (2.7). I deserve all the blame for being stupid at that time. But now, I'm older and wiser and still want to give medschool a shot.I'm more financially stable and able to focus on my studies now. I'm thinking of going to get another bachelor's maybe in chemistry, maths, or physics and also taking the prereqs required for medschool. Does anyone think it's possible for medschools to consider me as a worthwhile candidate if I do well in my second bachelor's ????

Yeah, your situation is actually pretty common in the non-trad forum. Do a search and you'll find tons of threads about people repairing bad UG GPAs. The short answer is that yes, if you do well in a second BA, move your cumulative GPA to 3.3+, get a good MCAT score (33+), you'll be viable as a candidate.

Status
Not open for further replies.