the

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PieceOfGum1

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
the

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If you have 3-4 hours of time, I would highly recommend doing something more active than Anki - like practice passages. Anki works well because of spaced repetition but simply flooding the zone with a high number of cards won’t necessarily yield better results.

As per your question, if you want to view more cards per day: increase number of new cards, shorten max interval between cards, decrease easy card penalty, and decrease the internal modifier, etc.

Set it to something like 100 new cards per day. This way, you'll be reviewing the cards you have that are due on previous days while only adding a maximum of 100 new cards a day. If you feel like that's too much or too little, you can change it.

Anki won't show you a card until it is "due" or if it is new. I believe the reason you see zero cards remaining is that your easy interval is 4 days, which means after you consider a card easy, it won't show you that card again until 4 days later.

For my own non-MCAT studies, I use a step interval of "2 10 30 90 360 720 1440 2880." This allows for me to see a card within 2 minutes if I do not know it, and if I consider it "good," I see it again in 10 minutes. If I consider it good again, then 30 minutes, then 90 minutes, etc. If I consider the card "easy," then I have my easy interval at 2 days so I don't see it again for another 2 days.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Kevin W, MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors