help with what to write for pharmacy school essay

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mintleif

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i'm looking into the essays i'll have to write when i apply to some 0-6 pharmacy schools. one question i got was "describe a time of adversity and how you overcame it and what you learned from your experience"

:eek:

where do i begin? i don't think i've really ever experienced something like this unless you count the fact that my parents don't actually want me to go to college but they want me to join the military when i graduate highschool ( 2 years). but i don't think that situation really counts. can someone describe to me how they would answer this question or give examples of common adversity people go through? i honestly can't think of a situation.

Members don't see this ad.

i'm looking into the essays i'll have to write when i apply to some 0-6 pharmacy schools. one question i got was "describe a time of adversity and how you overcame it and what you learned from your experience"

:eek:

where do i begin? i don't think i've really ever experienced something like this unless you count the fact that my parents don't actually want me to go to college but they want me to join the military when i graduate highschool ( 2 years). but i don't think that situation really counts. can someone describe to me how they would answer this question or give examples of common adversity people go through? i honestly can't think of a situation.

-discrimination, inequality, oppression, being a minority, socioeconomic challenges, blahblah...stuff like that.

can someone describe to me how they would answer this question or give examples of common adversity people go through? i honestly can't think of a situation.

Why don't you just write a response to the prompt that's true and legitimate?

That's really not a hard prompt at all IMHO.

Members don't see this ad :)
The OP was saying they are having difficulty because they do not believe they have faced adversity.

OP, think about a time when you had to stand up for something that people disagreed with you on- maybe a moral dilemma. Did the differences cause relationships with your family or friends to change? Maybe you have a different opinion about something than someone who is close to you and that created a major conflict. Think along those lines if you haven't experienced discrimination or any of the other things. I hope that helps!

Think of an event that didn't proceed the way you planned or the way you pictured the ideal situation. It could be personal or academic. Any disagreements? Random acts of god throwing a wrench in your plans? It doesn't have to be some huge situation or cultural issues that you've overcome.

Maybe it's some small personal event but important to you. Describe what happened. What happened to you, what happened to others, what happened to your ideal results and how did your 'time of adversity' differ from what you thought should happen. How did you respond to it? How did you improve yourself through the experience?

Maybe everything's gone as planned. If so, good job haha. :thumbup:

make something up, sell them a story