HELP!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BmaninMD

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently a Sophmore at SSU (on the Eastern Shore of MD). I have always done well as far as my studies go. I've been able to maintain a 3.5 GPA, Have stayed involved in extracurricular activities that I enjoy, and have worked part time in the ER for the past 2 years. This most recent semester however, my grades have slipped. I've gotten Bs in my classes except for Physics (I'm currently at a 70% overall). My question is will one louse semester like this ruin my chances of being accepted to med school? I want so badly to become a doctor. I admire everyone who works in health care, especially doctors and have always envisioned myself becoming one someday. I just hope that this semester won't ruin my dream.

Members don't see this ad.

oh man you are soooooo in trouble.
smile.gif

Sorry, you're out of the running. Better luck in your next life.

In case you're overly stressed and can't tell that I'm kidding, it's not the end of the world. It's now your job to come up with a good reason (not excuse) for your slip up, and to show it was more of an aberration than a trend.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for your reply Schoolboy. Yeah, i guess lately I've just been stressed out too much. I'm letting little things bother me that I shouldn't (hence I can justify your need for sarcasim). I giess it is stupid to get all worked up over a lousey physics class, its just that I've never done so poorly before (except in high school...lol)Rumor has it that the prof. i have is the hardest one that the University employs and I should be greatful to get a C. I just hope that when a Med school committe is reviewing my grades they don't disqualify me for a C in physics.. Well, anyway thanks again for your advice, I appreciate it!

Brian

Bmanin,

Don't stress too much. My grades in college were much worse than what you describe... and I still got MD and MD-PhD interviews, and some acceptances.
Take care.

twister

Twister,
Thanks for the reply! Have you decided where your going to attend? is it true that if I do well on the MCAT My scores and grades will balance eachother out? Thanks for the advice!

Brian