HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Samar, Jun 3, 2001.

1. Samar

Samar Junior Member

Im going into my junior year and Im in an accelerated pre-dental program. So after completing three years undergrad, i will go to UMDNJ(in new jersey) The problem is Im not sure I want to go to that school. I was thinking about applying to other better dental schools and maybe drop out of the program. Then I would have to go through the application process and interviews..IS it worth it or should I stick with my gaureented acceptance. Does anyone have any advice.....plz........... ;)

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Popoy

Popoy SDN Super Moderator

Resident [Any Field]
    What's so bad about UMDNJ?

Can't you apply to other schools anyway though you are in an accelerated program?

I say stick with what you have now and if you want to apply to other schools, find out whether or not you have the freedom to apply to other schools.

How good are you as an applicant? Are you confident that "other better schools" will take you? That's some confidence you have there, if you are confident about yourself being a VERY competitive applicant....

From what I've experience in life.... NOTHING IS EVER GUARANTEED.... So you might want to take advantage of staying in this program you're in.... Just my two cents :D

Later, :cool:

4. Popoy

Popoy SDN Super Moderator

Resident [Any Field]
    Oh BTW, WELCOME TO SDN...!!!
    Hope people here will be helpful to you....

So anyone else have any thoughts on Samar's situation just post up!!!

5. gower

gower 1K Member

The same question was posted on doctoral students, dentists where I just replied.

6. Samar

Samar Junior Member

Thanks for the response... ;)
    I kinda went into the program without researching the university very well..I just thought it was really good that I could save a year and be guarenteed admission. But now Im not so sure. Though I still didnt take the DATs..I have a 3.6 gpa...but truthfully i dont know if i would get accepted to a better school or if i should even try....but does anyone have first hand experience with UMDNJ...
    oh thanks for the welcome. :D

7. GoatBoy

GoatBoy Manboob Extraordinaire

your gpa will make you competitive at many schools. i will also assume that you will do fairly well on the dat. so, honestly you have a very good chance of getting in somewhere else (but this depends on what the schools you are considering to be "better schools")
    However, if I were you I would stick with where you are now, and if the school allows you to apply to other schools with out a problem then do so. If the school doesn't allow you to apply to other schools (by the way the school doesnt need to find out you are applying elsewhere do they?) just stay at UMDNJ.