help!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Chup, Jul 8, 2001.

1. Chup

Chup Junior Member

Currently I work in a school. I was wondering if I should take a LPN or EMT course in order to work in the med field now?

I plan on applying to med school, however, the only hospital experience I have is volunteer work as a teenager.

Is it worth it to take such a course?

Thanks

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Popoy

Popoy SDN Super Moderator

Resident [Any Field]
    If you have the time and if you think you'll enjoy it, then I'm sure it's a good idea to do such activities....

4. BeckyG

BeckyG Senior Member

Hi Chup,

I agree with Popoy.. if you WANT to take one of those courses and work in the medical field, then go for it. However, if you are thinking of doing this just to increase your "medical field" exposure, I'd think again. You certianly do not need that level of "experience" to get in to med school. You could always do more volunteering in a hospital, etc., to bolster your work when you were in high school. In all, I probably did 1 year of clinical volunteering (in a cancer treatment ward and with psychiatric patients) and apparently it was enough for the med schools. Good luck!