Mar 31, 2010
Status
Hello, everyone. I'm sort of new to this SDN thing...I have some questions for you all. First off, I'm an instate student in Oklahoma. I want to ask and see what you all would do in my situation: I have been accepted to CCOM, Hopkins, Oklahoma State COM, Oklahoma, and Rosalind Franklin. I really do not know which school to attend. Can people who go to these schools, or people who have researched these places, help me out??? Much gratitude and thanks.

Last edited:

startswithb

Future Urologist
7+ Year Member
Jan 31, 2010
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Why does your MCAT score have to do with what school you would attend (since you've already been accepted)???

illegallysmooth

Smooth member
10+ Year Member
May 21, 2008
Buffalove
Status
Attending Physician
I find it funny you are asking for "people who researched these places" to help you out.

Do the research yourself. You interviewed at these places. Which did you like? Which is the most expensive? Least expensive? What about the climate? Are you interested in research? We can't answer these for you.

You did all the work to get into med school and you want someone else to tell you where to go without so much as mentioning your thoughts and preferences? Does not compute.

Cytotoxic

10+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2007
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Hello, everyone. I'm sort of new to this SDN thing...I have some questions for you all. First off, I'm an instate student in Oklahoma. I want to ask and see what you all would do in my situation: I have been accepted to CCOM, Hopkins, Oklahoma State COM, Oklahoma, and Rosalind Franklin. I really do not know which school to attend. Can people who go to these schools, or people who have researched these places, help me out??? Much gratitude and thanks.
This can't be a serious question.

Dec 29, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
This thread is just an excuse for you to brag about your acceptances and your MCAT, even though you edited out the latter portion lol

amine2086

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2009
Hola!
Status
Medical Student
The choice is yours.

RogueUnicorn

rawr.
7+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2009
Status
Resident [Any Field]
one of these schools is not like the others

Mar 31, 2010
Status
wow, you guys are asses--it was a serious question pertaining to people who interviewed and got accepted along with me. Wow. I just want some personal insights into what you all think.

Drrrrrr. Celty

Osteo Dullahan
7+ Year Member
Nov 10, 2009
Status
Medical Student
Oklahoma = very little debt. Stay with the family probably
Hopkins = prestigious but in your position It'd be hard to say, instate at 10k a year v.s out of state in heroin city for 40k a year.

illegallysmooth

Smooth member
10+ Year Member
May 21, 2008
Buffalove
Status
Attending Physician
thank you VERY MUCH serenade. Those types of posts help :)
THat helped you? Really? You really did not know that Hopkins is prestigious and your in-state school would be the lowest tuition and near your family?

If this is true, I am honestly sorry for my attitude before. And I honestly don't believe you got into Hopkins.

If this is not true, you're just a smelly old troll!

EDIT: I bolded that part for you since you didn't get it before.

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2010
Status
It's fine that you do not believe that I got into Hopkins. I don't need someone to "oooo" and "ahhh" me. At any rate, I am trying to see what current acceptances to those schools can tell me in their decision making--it's not that I'm dumb, and uninformed. And, no, prestige is not the thing that matters to me. I want to see what others think. Please don't post on this thread again if you're going to be disrespectful. I don't have to prove anything to you. Ask anyone who knows me, and they'll know I got in--I have the acceptance letter from James Weiss, MD.

blaithnaid

lady clairol
Jan 7, 2010
Status
the cheapest possible. everyone passes the same accreditation standards.

what's your FA look like?