Help.....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crosspoint

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey I just want to know someones opinion I am finishing up my M.S. in May 2010 I took the mcat in Jan and recieved a 18...my gpa from grad school is about a 3.67 and NO i did not get any interviews this cycle..obviously but I was wondering if you guys have any advice about when and how I should study...I already took all of the AAMC practice exam someone just gave me all of the BR exams...when I study do you think I should us BR or GS since my scores from AAMC will be slightly inflated since i already went over the exams....Have any of you followed Sn2ned schedule and had any luck...ANY ADVICE I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT
THANKS

Members don't see this ad.

Hey I just want to know someones opinion I am finishing up my M.S. in May 2010 I took the mcat in Jan and recieved a 18...my gpa from grad school is about a 3.67 and NO i did not get any interviews this cycle..obviously but I was wondering if you guys have any advice about when and how I should study...I already took all of the AAMC practice exam someone just gave me all of the BR exams...when I study do you think I should us BR or GS since my scores from AAMC will be slightly inflated since i already went over the exams....Have any of you followed Sn2ned schedule and had any luck...ANY ADVICE I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT
THANKS

Dude your post bacc GPA is pretty good. If you got in the high 20's im sure you'd get an interview from at least one state school and you would be a good canidate for a DO school. I would take some time to review everything. You're obviously pretty smart and your MCAT doesn't reflect that. If you have about 2-3 months free take that time to go through all of the material in a review book ( like EK's or BR). This is just my opinion..I'm no guru though.

Thanks for the response...Do you think August would be to late to take the exam because I want all summer to study....

Members don't see this ad :)
THANKS

OMG, we are seriously like twins... I did the same thing, MS with same GPA and got a crappy score on my MCAT (17 during grad school). My advice, and what I did to bring up my score 10 pts (practice average), was to retake some undergrad classes. Sounds crappy I know, especially retaking chem I and phys I when you have a freaking MS degree, but it was worth it. Remembering all of the subtleties of the basic subjects just gets lost after you have taken upper level classes. What are your practice averages now?

I have not even started studying yet I have to present my research at the end of the month and i was going to start to study May 1 so that give me 3 months to study for the test I am registered to take the MCAT Aug 13....WOW 10 points which classes did you retake

I have not even started studying yet I have to present my research at the end of the month and i was going to start to study May 1 so that give me 3 months to study for the test I am registered to take the MCAT Aug 13....WOW 10 points which classes did you retake

Physics I and Chemistry I, then I studied Phys II and Chem II on my own. It was all the little things that I had forgotten that are so heavily tested on the MCAT, so retaking the classes really helped. I studied so much that I got 100s in both classes... Will you be doing research during the time you study for the Aug MCAT? Personally, I think research is not a good idea when you are focusing on this test. Its too distracting.

No I am going to commit these next several months commited to studying for the MCAT...Good luck keep in touch let me know how everything is coming along